Calendar frustration

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by MrMan, Feb 5, 2010.

1. MrMan

MrMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read through a ton of posts, and couldn't really find a duplicate issue like the one that I am having. I have (of course) the main 'default' calendar on my moto droid which is attached to my 'personal' gmail account. I also have the pure calendar widget which is everything I want/need for a quick view of appointments etc. (also is working great with sweeter home)
    Here is my issue:
    I can't seem to be able to add my business gmail calendar account.
    This is what I've found. When I go into my calendar settings, I can add an account, which the only drop down is the weather account.
    Looking further into the matter, I went into system settings, account sync and added my business gmail account here.
    Now this is the part where it gets a bit tricky.
    On my 'personal' gmail account I can sync contacts, calendar & gmail.
    On my 'business' gmail account, I only have the option to sync my contacts and gmail.
    I don't know why the calendar feature isn't there, but it's been erking me for a little while now.
    What I'm looking for is the calendar that will have both my personal and business events and appointments in one single calendar.
    The perfect example I am looking for is iCal. If you are a mac user, you know that everything is right there, color coded for my viewing ease.
    Could someone please help me with what I may have missed, or a new app that will allow this to happen?

2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried adding the calendar to your gmail using a PC? Setting your business gmail to share the calendar with your personal one?

3. MrMan

MrMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, for being that guy... you're alright with me Chuck!
    I think this might do the trick. I'm going to go mess with these settings.
    Thank you!

4. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope it works! If you get them shared and they show up on PC but not in the phone, remember to check settings-my calendars to pick it up.

5. segen77

segen77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having basically the same issue. I'm not sure how to combine the two calendars like you're talking about. Any chance you can help me out with this? I was originally just looking for the work calendar, but I would accept both if this is the easier solution.

I've figured out how to add the personal gmail calendar to the work one (using PC) so I can add events to that calendar from my work account, but I haven't found a way to truly display both or just the work one.

nevermind. i got it.

thanks

#5 segen77, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  6. MrMan

MrMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It works great Chuck, and Calendar Pad really does look a lot better than the default calendar. thanks man