Calendar entries not going to PC/Outlook

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi gang,

I have a client who has a DX2, whom I'll be meeting tomorrow, and wanted some things to look at if possible.

Exchange account with Outlook. (at least I believe so, as that is what we offer with our service, I haven't yet seen him)

Entering items in the claendar on the PC go to the DX2 with no issues.

Entering items on the DX2 don't seem to get back to the PC.

Not sure if he is using google cal sync, or if that is needed, as after a certain Android version I saw that that may not be needed with exchange anyways (Plus it is going PC to DX2)

I myself have a D1 running CM7, and dont have corporate calendar at all, and I haven't yet looked at his DX2, so if anyone has some advice I'll be greatful.

I don't necessarily want to lose anything he has data wise, however if he has most of his stuff on the PC I'm not opposed to trying a erase of the phone and retrying.

In faith I trust the community masss ...

leonard

Reaction score
I am syncing my DX2 to our exchange server using the corporate account feature of the phone. Email and contacts sync fine, but like you, the calendar only syncs one way.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi Leonard,

In your case, had you installed Google Calendar Sync on your PC?

leonard

Reaction score
No, I have not installed Google Sync on the pc. All the sync is via exchange, using Outlook on the pc.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

It's interesting, my Exchange provider (cloud based) has evidence of sync connection issues with moto droids in general, and recommends touchdown.

But my guy's issue is not one of sync connection, but what both of you have.

Moto's site lists using that app to sync both calendar's, but with the advent of Exchange doing it direct, not sure what would happen if I try that for him.

I'm going to be placing a support ticket with my Exchange vendor Monday morning, if I get any more news I'll update here as well.

leonard

Reaction score
It would probably work fine. I had issues losing the coporate sync settings on my city issued origional Droid. I installed a purchased third party sync app and it fixed the issue. I still use that app on that same phone. I sync both my city phone and my personal DX2 to the same data on the server with no problems. Since the data is actually stored on the server, it shouldn't matter what sync program you use to access it.

Thanks.

It's interesting, my Exchange provider (cloud based) has evidence of sync connection issues with moto droids in general, and recommends touchdown.

But my guy's issue is not one of sync connection, but what both of you have.

Moto's site lists using that app to sync both calendar's, but with the advent of Exchange doing it direct, not sure what would happen if I try that for him.

I'm going to be placing a support ticket with my Exchange vendor Monday morning, if I get any more news I'll update here as well.

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

My exchange vendor recommends touchdown as well.

We'll see how today goes, I setup my D1 with my own exchange account last night, but I really don't want to try the sync on cal, because it's my personal phone.
May have to to play with it a bit, oh well ....