Bye bye flash

brucefulton

Reaction score
Here's a snip from a new post on the Adobe blog referring to 4.1 jelly bean:

"Devices that don’t have the Flash Player provided by the manufacturer typically are uncertified, meaning the manufacturer has not completed the certification testing requirements. In many cases users of uncertified devices have been able to download the Flash Player from the Google Play Store, and in most cases it worked. However, with Android 4.1 this is no longer going to be the case, as we have not continued developing and testing Flash Player for this new version of Android and its available browser options. There will be no certified implementations of Flash Player for Android 4.1. ...The easiest way to ensure ongoing access to Flash Player on Android 4.0 or earlier devices is to use certified devices and ensure that the Flash Player is either pre-installed by the manufacturer or installed from Google Play Store before August 15[SUP]th"[/SUP]

I also see that razr/razrmaxx are certified for flash only on 2.3 gingerbread but not on ICS. Sounds like if you need it on ICS, it would be a good idea to download and test it now.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My web design teacher mentioned that Adobe was going to stop developing Flash for mobile phones with the emergence of HTML 5 coming. Not sure how much weight that has, or that it will even matter that we have Flash in the future.

This is definitely not something I am going to fault ICS for or regret upgrading to because of.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well iphone users have gotten by without it.. so we can too :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

karlo2012

Reaction score
If you're watching videos on your phone, you can also play them through an external player that supports flash if it gives you that option..I use Mx Player on Maxx

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Well iphone users have gotten by without it.. so we can too :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Before buying my Razr Maxx, I did speak with a few owners of the iPhone. The ones who really had a lot of experience and knowledge than myself said that was a fault of Apple not supporting Flash.

I am not sure what to make of that.