buying at Verizon vs. Sams Club, Maxx $99

seez52

Reaction score
Sams has the Maxx for $99 even for existing verizon customers. The local Verizon store has marked their Maxx phones down to $199 recently. Still that's a 100 bucks. Are their disadvantage to buying from Sams? If I have trouble does the phone have to go back to whoever sells it or can the warrant be service by Verizion?

Would like to save, but don't want to have to work customer service through UPS delivery

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You can still go through verizon for issues as you do have a 1 year warranty with them. Likewise, you can also purchase insurance on the phone. That way if something does break (like the screen or whatever) you only have to go through them.

The only disadvantage I can think of is Simplexity does have a requirement that the phone stay on the line it was purchased on for 181 days. That means, you CANNOT swap the phone to another line, or buy the phone on one line, and move it over to yours.

Cell Phones from Sam's Club Mobile For more info read the Terms of Purchase link at the bottom.

If you're going to keep your MAXX for the long run then it really isn't that big of a deal. Some people though really like to swap phones, and it can be a negative.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You said Sam's has them for $99 ... "for existing Verizon customers"

If I am a "existing Verizon customer" who already has a Maxx, I wonder if I can still buy one at that price? I would like to have a backup to keep just in case something were to happen to my current one ... and to keep the ability to fight tooth and nail against changing my plan and losing unlimited data ... Hmmmmm. Must look into this. :p

EDIT: Nope ... only for extending contract for 2 years. Nevermind :blink:

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You said Sam's has them for $99 ... "for existing Verizon customers"

If I am a "existing Verizon customer" who already has a Maxx, I wonder if I can still buy one at that price? I would like to have a backup to keep just in case something were to happen to my current one ... and to keep the ability to fight tooth and nail against changing my plan and losing unlimited data ... Hmmmmm. Must look into this. :p

I'm sure they'll give you one for $99...if you add a line, or use an available upgrade on a current line, and sign a new two-year contract for it. :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll give you one for $99...if you add a line, or use an available upgrade on a current line, and sign a new two-year contract for it. :)

I just signed a new 2 year in June to keep unlimited data ... can I tack 2 more years on that and get one for $99 bucks? LOL :rofl3:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Best Buy does Price matching so take the ad or a print out to to Best Buy Mobile.

OP
S

seez52

Reaction score
the Simplexity people also offer a $70 no deductible insurance plan. Anyone have experience with that? The verizon plan from Ashuron is $99 deductible. Or, maybe just get a good case for it?

Caesars

Reaction score
I don't know about that but a good case goes a long way.

Googorola MAXX