Buying a phone off Craigslist?

tintin

Reaction score
Alright, so I was just wondering, can I trade my Fascinate that's on a contract for another phone off Craigslist? Will Verizon let me do that? Sorry if its in the wrong place.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sure they will, You are still on the hook for the contract.

I would have the seller meet your a VZW and activate the device on your account before you pay them.

OP
T

tintin

Reaction score
Alright, that's what my plan is. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that you should be extremely cautious doing anything with a phone on Craigslist. I see more people get ripped off using Craig's list then eBay. Make sure the ESN is good before you do any transasctions.

krnmc

Reaction score
Yeah i agree and dont do any deals with people that call through restricted number....cause i got ripped off... one time with a droid. =.=

tfotos

Reaction score
Sure they will, You are still on the hook for the contract.

I would have the seller meet your a VZW and activate the device on your account before you pay them.

DEFINITELY meet the Craigslister at VZW so that way you can make sure the esn is clear and the phone can be activated. Other than that, go for it. As long as you honor your contract with VZW you can switch phones a zillion times. I go back and forth all the time between this Fascinate and my OG Droid 1.

carguy

Reaction score
Im all for saving $$, but things like phones are where I draw the line.

I've seen how some peole treat these things. They are touching your face and near your mouth, personally I'd never buy a device like that used.

Then you have the other issues like outright fraud, defective items etc.

I'd much rather buy new.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Sal R.

Reaction score
When buying thru CL, make sure that it's noted on both VZW accounts that the phone hardware was transfered b/w accounts if the seller still has an active account w/ VZW.

Just because the ESN is clean when you activate it doesn't mean that the seller can't report the phone stolen/lost afterward.

FYI, I bought my DInc used thru CL.