button lights turn off

mitchb2

Reaction score
my button lights turn off randomly, usually when I need them the most. I have no idea why.

Yeah, the update they refuse to give us is just cosmetic. No real fixes or anything.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What makes you think that 2.1 is going to fix that? Or did you just use this as an excuse to complain about 2.1 not coming out yet?

Are you rooted and overclocked?

masterxchief

Reaction score
I have the same issue and I'm not rooted. I press the brightness button on the power bar to make them come back on.

rickthestick

Reaction score
This started with the 2.0.1 update. Before that it did not happen. Hopefully 2.1 will fix it.

mjs31

Reaction score
Are you referring to the soft keys? That is completely sensor related. Upper right corner is the light sensor. Put hand over it and lights will come back on. Not sure if something has changed or not since 2.0.1 but mine tend to act the same.

I say this but it is sensor related if auto brightness is used. At least in my findings. In auto brightness it will cut off the lights. I personally do not have this issue since I dont use auto brightness so I dont believe it is 2.0.1 related.

Oh yeah...I am also rooted and over clocked but nothing has changed there. Something in your settings or an app is causing this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
2.0... light on home keys stayed on no matter what... with auto brightness turned off.

2.0.1..... turns off when in bright areas. Sensors in camera and front affect it upon my testing. One day my home lights would stay on even if I covered the camera lens while in a bright area with the front sensor exposed. The next day the exact opposite. Faced the camera into the light and covered the front sensor and the home light stayed on. Now if either sensor senses a bright light... it turns it off.