my droid x reboots all the time, why?

archdiz

Reaction score
My Droid X reboots all the time. mainly when there is an update though, it will turn off out of no where then it reboots and shows that there is an update. or sometimes when i get a text message, it shuts off but the message light is still blinking green and the screen is black and you cant hit any buttons to turn it back on then reboots after a minute. its been like this for months. Any help or ideas?
Thanks

nobull

Reaction score
Is it stock?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

diskman8004

Reaction score
My Droid X reboots all the time. mainly when there is an update though, it will turn off out of no where then it reboots and shows that there is an update. or sometimes when i get a text message, it shuts off but the message light is still blinking green and the screen is black and you cant hit any buttons to turn it back on then reboots after a minute. its been like this for months. Any help or ideas?
Thanks

found in one of the forums that someone upgraded to droid 3 from original droid and used their original sd card. there were 5 folders that were on the original droid that were also on the new droid 3. he removed those folders and his droid 3 stopped rebooting. i did the same thing. i removed those folders and my droid 3 stopped rebooting. on the original sd card remove (.android_secure, Android, LOST.DIR in the DCIM folder remove .thumbnails and 100ANDRO). see if this works for you:)

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
Thanks

Two days ago I found that if you change the battery savings setting to "Performance" that the rebooting stopped the next morning when it usually happens when I am listening to Pandora at the gym. I later changed the "Sync" setting time so it would not occur in the early morning while I am working out. I kept Skpye up and it is still up the second day.

The battery saver is useless as I think most people will have it on the charger during the night anyway. It was nice not to be annoyed with the reboots!