Burned By eBay

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Update: I managed to get both chargers working. Now I have two more on the way.

I had to fiddle around with the battery to get it to recognized it needed a charge. Hopefully these other chargers are different. If not I'll do a paypal complaint on both people and get my 20.00 back.

Can you explain what you did?

Kid of hard to explain. I noticed when I put the batteries in for a quick second the light turned red but went back to blue. Then I just kind of fiddled around with the battery in the charger until the red light stayed solid. Once this happened the light stayed blue until the battery was completely charged and then the light turned blue again.

Wait... Wah?

coondogg97

Reaction score
I still don't think you were burned. First off you do have the option of returning them. But further more you paid $20 for two chargers. If only one worked it cost you $20 for one working charger. Which still is an average price for a battery charger.

I have pulled the short straw a few times when trying to get an item on eBay. Whether it was to cheap out or I was impatient and didn't want to wait for retailers to get additional stock of an item. Most recently was a 32GB micro SD card I picked up off of eBay for $50. I knew it was coming from Hong Kong so I didn't put too much faith in it working. Fortunately for my sake it did work, but I hoped for the best and expected the worst so I didn't feel like I got burned. When purchasing a knock off from eBay you have to have that attitude.

As you said eBay is a very buyer beware site. But in this particular situation I think you still made out well regardless of the initial charger not working. Unless the auction was for a Verizon OEM charger. If the seller was advertising an OEM product and sent you a knock off, then you have every right to complain.

Good luck!

Well, first the 2 chargers cost me less then 10.00 shipping included and they were advertised as Motorola Chargers. The only thing Motorola about them was a very well placed sticker that said for A855.

Now if I get ripped off on this guy I'm buying from Brooklyn then it's another story. We will see.

If they were advertised as Motorola chargers, then you have every right to complain. But for a transactions that cost you less then $10 I don't know if I would. Especially if one of the chargers worked.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK the new replacement chargers came in from the guy in Brooklyn. First they are not the same cheap ones from China. These are from Japan. ;) They actually have a name (IMAX) and they have a plastic bag in it and say "Please do not charge for over 2 hours." Interesting because the batteries can't be overcharged and 2 of them I've had sitting on a charger for over 24 hours now.

Well, I'll let the battery in my Droid wear down. Wife is coming in so she could probably use a charge and we will see how they work.

Rouxdy

Reaction score
I got one of those chargers with a battery in yesterday. From what I can tell, it only chargers the knock offs... it doesn't appear to work with the OEM battery but it charges the ones they sell.

I'm going to amend this and say it does charge the oem battery. I had to push it into the contacts a few times, but it now looks like it's charging it.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you explain what you did?

Kid of hard to explain. I noticed when I put the batteries in for a quick second the light turned red but went back to blue. Then I just kind of fiddled around with the battery in the charger until the red light stayed solid. Once this happened the light stayed blue until the battery was completely charged and then the light turned blue again.

Wait... Wah?

Sorry about that confusion. The light went red and stayed red until it was fully charged, then it went to blue.

Rouxdy

Reaction score
I got one of those chargers with a battery in yesterday. From what I can tell, it only chargers the knock offs... it doesn't appear to work with the OEM battery but it charges the ones they sell.

I'm going to amend this and say it does charge the oem battery. I had to push it into the contacts a few times, but it now looks like it's charging it.

Yep, it's charging the OEM battery. I put it in at 40% and it says 100% now.

You have to move the battery around a bit against the contacts sometimes before the red light will come on. Once that happens, it charges. For 3 bucks, hard to much.