Bum battery

urklegrue

Reaction score
Will Verizon replace a bad battery under the warranty? My battery will no longer charge past 80% and then it goes down to nothing within a few hours. I haven't done anything differently; it just stopped working yesterday for some reason.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will Verizon replace a bad battery under the warranty? My battery will no longer charge past 80% and then it goes down to nothing within a few hours. I haven't done anything differently; it just stopped working yesterday for some reason.

You might find it easier just to purchase a new battery on Amazon. They run between $10 and $15.

sixdav77

Reaction score
They sure are cheap there. Wow!!!

$39.99 at stores. Some other stores sell them at $59.99...

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I've had batteries replaced by verizon under warranty on other phones in the past. I'd definitely try that before spending money.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
They sure are cheap there. Wow!!!

$39.99 at stores. Some other stores sell them at $59.99...

Yes, and as far as I've been able to tell, they work fine. I picked up an extra battery and a little standalone battery charger from Amazon for less than $30.

Serves a couple of purposes. First, of course, I can go on pretty much indefinitely by simply swapping out a battery when I'm traveling and charging the other battery and the phone at the hotel at night.

It's also useful for diagnosing whether battery drain problems come from software or from a problem with the battery, itself.