Browser GMail better then the GMail app??

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maybe this has been discussed, but does anyone agree that the stock GMail application on the Droid is WAY worse and less developed than the mobile 'touch' version in the browser?

Not only is it more graphically 'pretty' but it's so much easier to navigate, the UI is more friendly, and I think it just works better. I mean, some attachments I cant even download from the app, but on the browser version they download flawlessly... I wish the app could just be turned into a version of the online touch page. Just a thought!

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You are right. I have it bookmarked as my startup on the browser. It's much better.

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wish they would update the GMail app to make it more functional... I mean no offence to google, this phone rocks, maps is amazing, earth has potential if merged with maps, voice is amazing... and so on.

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just noticed actually that you cannot attach stuff to emails using the online version, correct? You can in the app but not just any file to my knowledge, only images and videos... stupid?

pjo1966

Reaction score
When I get email notifications from the forum, I can't even click on the link to take me to the thread when I use the app. The only reason I still use the app at all is because it's convenient to have all three of my account accessible from one place.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You can if you go to the top of the threaded email.

Annoying yes, but it is possible.

timp

Reaction score
Agreed. I would love to see an updated gmail app. I would like to be able to make the fonts smaller (so I can read more of the snippets), and also make the text white on black.

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
I agree. The mobile site works a lot better. But what i hate even more, and maybe im just dumb and cant figure it out but i cant change my facebook pic from the app OR the mobile site...Only way i have seen how is by going to the full site but then it doesn't even let me fix the cropping. Aggravating lol