Saving Gmail attachments

mitchb2

Reaction score
So, someone pointed out to me that if you use the mobile version of Gmail you can save attachments. However, I'm not using the stock browser, I'm using xScope (for now).

How do I put a bookmark on my home page so that I can go directly to Mobile Gmail? When I long press on the screen it only gives me the native browser bookmarks.

And even more important, when I get an email notification on the task bar, how can I configure this to take me directly to the mobile version? Is there a way?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Just download Blackmoon AttachSave Lite from the Market. It allows you to save any attachment to your SD card that you receive in gmail.

samredman

Reaction score
To put a button on your home screen for a bookmark (such as for going to the special mobile Gmail web page):

1. Do a long press in any blank area of your home screen you will see a screen with four choices, Shortcuts, Widgets, Folders,Wallpapers.

2. Choose, Shortcuts. You will see a menu of many Shortcut choices. The third one is Bookmarks.

3. Choose Bookmarks. All your current bookmarks will show. Just select the one you are wanting as a button on your home screen. It will appear there just like it is an app with an appropriate label.

4. Clicking that Shortcut bookmark button on your home screen will launch the browser and go right to that web page.

------------
However, when you get an email notification on your taskbar (as far as I know) there is no way to configure those to go to your bookmarked gmail webpage. But, when I get those I often go look at them in the list in standard gmail app and if I see some which I need to read with a larger font or that I need to select and copy from or those which have attachments I want to download. I just go to the home screen and launch with my Gmail shortcut button.

Last edited:
OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
3. Choose Bookmarks. All your current bookmarks will show.

The problem with this is that it assumes the stock browser, which I'm not using.

Even more maddening, if I open the stock browser and try to go to the mobile Gmail site so that I can create a bookmark for it, it keeps opening xScope to do so, totally ignoring the fact that when it asks me which browser to use for this operation I choose Browser.

So frustrating.

samredman

Reaction score
Uninstall xscope and then do your set up in the standard browser including creating your home page button to the mobile gmail webpage. Then you could reinstall xscope if you must have it. But, I actually don't think you need xscope now... I was also an xscope user, but when we got the 2.1 update there were several browser improvements (including pinch and zoom). And the excellent advantage of being able to do webpage shortcut buttons makes the standard browser very appealing... I suggest you give it another try.