Bricked?

JJBoods

Reaction score
My phone was sitting on my desk. It seemed to have powered itself down. I turned it back on and it is on a bootloader screen:

Bootloader
D2.37
Err:A5,70,39,00,27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I have never rooted my phone, used RSD, etc. It won't let me do a hard reset. I loaded RSD on my PC and it won't recognize the phone.

Any ideas?

huskur

Reaction score
First thing i would do is pull the battery for 60 seconds and put it back in a let it charge for a while. Then see if it will boot

huskur

Reaction score
better yet. Just pull the battery for 60 seconds and put it back in. Give it 10 minutes to get a small charge and then hold your power button in until you see the "M" and see if you can boot then

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
My phone was sitting on my desk. It seemed to have powered itself down. I turned it back on and it is on a bootloader screen:

Bootloader
D2.37
Err:A5,70,39,00,27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I have never rooted my phone, used RSD, etc. It won't let me do a hard reset. I loaded RSD on my PC and it won't recognize the phone.

Any ideas?

You do not have the phone plugged into the computer or xBox or other USB plug do you? If so, you need to use a wall charger. That is the standard message when you attempt to charge using a USB port when the battery charge is less than 5%.

OP
J

JJBoods

Reaction score
The phone fully charged overnight. I used it this morning. Then this randomly happened. It wasn't plugged in to anything at the time. I did pull the battery before trying the master reset. Couple times actually. Still stuck on the bootloader screen.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
The phone fully charged overnight. I used it this morning. Then this randomly happened. It wasn't plugged in to anything at the time. I did pull the battery before trying the master reset. Couple times actually. Still stuck on the bootloader screen.

When you say Master Reset, do you mean the one involving the up volume button?

[•Tapatalk•]

louy99

Reaction score
If you are not rooted, save yourself a headache and give it to Verizon and get a new phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
My fiancée's D2 did the exact same thing. Had to get a warranty replacement.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
If you are not rooted, save yourself a headache and give it to Verizon and get a new phone.

What's the fun in that? I would dig around and see what I can come up with before taking it back. It may just help someone else down the road if I figure something out. Call me stubborn...but that's just me. And apparently a bunch of others on this site. ;)

But then I don't die if my phone is unavailable for a bit. Others may not have that luxury.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

What's the fun in that? I would dig around and see what I can come up with before taking it back. It may just help someone else down the road if I figure something out. Call me stubborn...but that's just me. And apparently a bunch of others on this site. ;)

But then I don't die if my phone is unavailable for a bit. Others may not have that luxury.

+1, especially to not having the phone thing

Sounds like you need to sbf then..... its not as scary as it sounds, I promise. Make sure you have the moto drivers installed and RSDlite 4.9 installed as well. My rsdlite doesn't recognize my phone either but it will still flash the sbf. Also, what os is your computer on? Sometimes rsdlite doesn't play well with vista/7.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

louy99

Reaction score
4.9 rsd worked good on my W7 OS

glindagoodwitch

Reaction score
That same thing happened to me. I got the same message. I called Verizon and talked to the pros. We went through several steps and nothing. Tried to reset to factory and opened up the keyboard to do this. Took me to the android and looked like it was going to work. Ended up getting my phone replaced. I have had to replace my phone 3 times now (under warranty). I am about to run out of warranty so now I have insurance. I started out with the regular Motorola Droid phone that got the 2.2 update. That phone keep having issues, finally replaced it with Motorola Droid 2 phones. All was going great until I got that message and phone froze up. Keeping fingers crossed that nothing else happens. I love my Droid 2, and I sure hope I don't have to replace it, copay is $99 on insurance. Were you able to fix your problem? Or did you end up replacing the phone as I had to?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
By pros I'm assuming someone other than tier 1 support? If not all they did was waste your time and take your money. All tier 1 support does is read scripts for the most part.

So yea, did you get it fixed by chance?

glindagoodwitch

Reaction score
By pros I'm assuming someone other than tier 1 support? If not all they did was waste your time and take your money. All tier 1 support does is read scripts for the most part.

So yea, did you get it fixed by chance?

No they replaced my phone. I did talk to the actual support person before they deemed me needing a replacement. The tier ones usually try a few things before transferring you to an actual support pro. I did a few more things with them and they sent me a phone. I guess I was lucky it was still under warranty.