Bricked phone?

Droid_Fan19

Reaction score
Hello,

I tried to install SP Recovery (think thats what its called) and after I got done doing the work on the computer with RSD Lite, the phone booted up but it did not have service or anything. I tried to reformat everything but that did not work. I tried factory resets through the Droid options and also through SP Recovery, both failed. Please help! I just want to get back to normal 2.2 for my Droid. If I have to go with a custom ROM I will but would like to get back to complete stock. I have searched but does not seem like any solutions I found work.

TIA

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I tried to install SP Recovery (think thats what its called) and after I got done doing the work on the computer with RSD Lite, the phone booted up but it did not have service or anything. I tried to reformat everything but that did not work. I tried factory resets through the Droid options and also through SP Recovery, both failed. Please help! I just want to get back to normal 2.2 for my Droid. If I have to go with a custom ROM I will but would like to get back to complete stock. I have searched but does not seem like any solutions I found work.

TIA

What do you mean by you tried to reformat everything? What exactly did you do?

After the install of SPRecovery you should have made a backup of your current phone. Did you do that?

neogenetik

Reaction score
i made a backup on clockwork but how do i reload my back up using spr?
i tried to do so but it didnt work?

OP
D

Droid_Fan19

Reaction score
What do you mean by you tried to reformat everything? What exactly did you do?

Held down X when system boot, tried to reinstall OS

After the install of SPRecovery you should have made a backup of your current phone. Did you do that?

I couldnt, the phone restarted and came up with the issue of no service or anything. Should I have restarted the phone again and tried to do a back up anyway?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you installed SPRecovery did you use the bootloader to install it? In other words did you press on the Dpad when you installed SPRecovery.

6. Slide open your keyboard, hold up on the d-pad, then the power button for 5 seconds and release.

Did you get that step?

OP
D

Droid_Fan19

Reaction score
When you installed SPRecovery did you use the bootloader to install it? In other words did you press on the Dpad when you installed SPRecovery.

6. Slide open your keyboard, hold up on the d-pad, then the power button for 5 seconds and release.

Did you get that step?

At first, no. I booted into the OS and thats when I noted nothing was working i.e. no signal, programs were not loading etc. The second time I did it, I did not think to do a recovery because the OS was not acting as it should have.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Let me guess. You used the link that every other person has in their sig here that takes you to a thread written by christm titled "sbf to root and unroot", right? BUT you alread had FRG01B on your phone. You used the method to install the SPRecovery to your phone, right? Which will NOT work because of the bold sentence above if I am right in all the conditions I have so far listed.

Am I right? Will your phone actually power up? If so, it's not bricked, there's a ton of hope.