[BOOTSTRAP] Custom Safestrap v1.08c... with a console!

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a modified version of safestrap for the d3. I did not create this mod rick#2 did over at xda. I just thought it was good enuff to share with all of you here at DF!

Well, in an attempt to procrastinate my Christmas shopping like never before, I've finally got this working *almost* just the way I want it. I thought some of you guys out there might appreciate me putting this out there.

I patched in a bash console from the OpenRecovery project. What started off as me thinking, "Wow, this wouldn't be that hard" has quickly turned into me hiding in my office from my angry wife and screaming kids until all hours of the night until I could just... get it... working.

Anyways, huge thanks to Hashcode for all his hard work thus far, what with the totally ingenious Safestrap and his latest victories with CM9. I hope this helps somebody out and that at least *someone* out there thinks this is as cool as I do.

There's an option for the console on the main screen, just above the "power off" option. I managed to get colors working nicely and the biggest ***** of all, yet most satisfying is a hardware Ctrl key: @

Shift-2 will give you an @ symbol and Shift-6 a caret: ^ to replace their spots on the keyboard. I'll probably end up moving it to the somewhat useless Microphone key but for now, it works.

Pushing @+Alt+C will force the console to kick you out back into the recovery, in case you get stuck. Keep in mind that the console is pretty powerful but also really dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Although, you'll never learn how to do anything awesome unless you get your hands dirty.

The Power button is ESC, command history works, tab-autocompletion works via either the hardware Tab key or by pushing @+i, and you can scroll back up through the text one line at at time with Alt+Up or Alt+Down or in chunks of 8 lines with Shift+Up and Shift+Down.

Make sure you uninstall Safestrap and then remove the application before you install this one. I just jacked Hashcode's .apk and stuffed my new binaries inside the .zips, if you don't want to bother with uninstalling and reinstalling the .apk, you can extract the recovery.zip and 2nd-init.zip from the archive and push them both to /system/etc/safestrap and reboot. Enjoy.

DOWNLOAD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=827778&d=1324686996