Boot loop not fixed after flash to 246

DPR

Reaction score
Phone started boot looping. Tried clearing cache but didn't fix. Wiped cache and data / factory reset and flashed VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.

Connected to wifi and 4-tap bypass welcome / start. Shows "Welcome to the Setup Wizard" . Tap "Start the setup" or just let it sit. Reboots in 60 seconds.

Letting it just sit at the post-boot welcome screen also results in a reboot.

With or without sim/sd cards doesn't seem to matter.

Phone's aren't my strong suit so I'm learning as I go here.

From what I've read so far I'm not seeing a lot of options left but I wanted to check in here before writing it off.

Thanks for reading and any feedback is appreciated

deduct

Reaction score
You are going to need to flash the fxz in rsd lite on your computer. So you are still on ICS then?

OP
D

DPR

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

You are going to need to flash the fxz in rsd lite on your computer. So you are still on ICS then?

Sorry, that's what I had intended to say that I had done above. If I understood correctly, the file referenced above was supposed to be a Verizon ICS rom. I'd be happy to be wrong though or to try a different file.

deduct

Reaction score
Yes .246 is ICS. So you were on ICS before you tried flashing .246? Because if you tried to flash ICS while on jb you would certainly have major problems.

OP
D

DPR

Reaction score
Yes, I was on 4.0.4 when it first started boot looping.

OP
D

DPR

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Looks like I followed the directions there a little too literally. There's a line that says "The 246 ICS fxz here its the very bottom one", which is now a different file - "About phone" now shows android version 4.1.2, and it still boot loops....

I lost my headphone jack function some time ago. It's probably a hardware defect.

Thanks for your help

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Aw man that post is outdated. But if I were you I'd be happy to be on jelly bean

Still boot looping though?

OP
D

DPR

Reaction score
Yeah, it's actually functional initially - I managed to get past the activation screen (4-corner tap), connect to wifi, and start a browsing session, but it seems whether I race to get to there or just let it sit it reboots about a minute after startup.