Boosting cell signal

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Bremen, Dec 19, 2012.

1. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Another suggestion worthy of consideration.

2. Dkyacht

Dkyacht New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Lol yes like I said this will fix the signal issue 75% of the time and it's a 10 second fix.

Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. dlbott

dlbott New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    LG Opt pro
    Ok, trying to wrap my head around how rooting would have any effect on signal reception. I mean this seams it would be a perception as opposed to actual signal gain. Rooting does nothing to enhance signal reception at all. It is simply unlocking the phone's operating system to allow you full access to change things they don't want you messing with, like their proprietary apps etc. Making this software change does nothing to enhance signal reception. Am I missing something here.

I have held off rooting my 5.5 inch LG optimus Pro until I am at the end of contract and or warranty on the phone. Which I love by the way, the phone is awesome. Although thinking I might like windows phone to sync all devices but not sure. Definitely don't want Iphone, so limited, can't add microsd or use 3rd party apps, not for me lol. So what am i missing and what more would I gain by rooting now. If I brick it rooting warranty won't replace it due to rooting.

I too live out in country with spotty coverage in the house and have no money for expensive repeater. On ATT by the way..... thanks all

love the board

don

4. hegemonyworld

hegemonyworld Member

Ratings:
    +6
    It's more so flashing roms that tweak power settings than just rooting the phone. Once you have read/write privileges from root hardware can be modified . Commonly viper4Android for audio and call volume boosting. Though for actual antenna power im not sure of specifics. I know 4g lock is another common mod as phones can get major battery drain trying to switch between 3g/4g in a weak signal area. Forcing allows better service .

-my 2ยข

Search tags for this page
diy 3g signal booster
diy cell phone antenna
diy cell phone booster

diy cell phone signal booster

gsm signal booster diy
homemade 3g signal booster
homemade cell phone antenna
homemade cell phone booster

homemade cell phone signal booster

how to make a homemade cell phone signal booster