Bluetooth Security Concerns, Obvious Attempts at Connecting

TheWalkingDude

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and noticed I accidentally left my Bluetooth on overnight (Droid X2). I then noticed under 'Bluetooth Settings' about 25 different mac addy's attempted connection, first few were totally random sequencing of numbers like all mac addresses tend to be but towards the end they read like... 00:ff:FF:RR:GG:OO....like someone was changing the mac address on their device to connect to my phone. The passcode window was also up front and was just sitting there waiting for txt input to complete connection. This leads me to believe no connection was ever made because you do have to enter the passcode from the other device to allow connection correct? I should also mention that all the rogue mac numbers said 'paired but not connected' and a power down of my phone cleared them all.

Should I be concerned? My phone is not exhibiting weird "take over" behavior and my Verizon Mobile shows no unusual activity so far. I do live within about 20 foot of the neighborhood road so in theory I suppose someone could try.

Thanks for reading

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Just keep Bluetooth off xD

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
And as long as you don't accept the pairing you should be fine.. and don't keep you self discoverable

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums