bluetooth pairing woes

tgbrowning

Reaction score
am having a dickens of a time trying to get a Verbatim folding bluetooth keyboard to pair with a Droid 2.

i do NOT understand how this pairing is supposed to go. I do the following:

power up the board. (get nice little blinking blue light that tells me bluetooth is ready to go.

power up the droid 2

go to wireless under settings.
tell the droid bluetooth enabled. (green check mark appears)
tell the droid I want it to be discoverable. (green check - 120 second count down starts)

go back to the keyboard, and with a pen, press the inset "connect" button for five (5) seconds.

tell the droid to scan for devices.

It comes back after a bit with Verbatim bluetooth keyboard.
tell the droid to pair with the keyboard.

everything seems hunky-dory until the damn droid comes back with a note telling me I need a passkey and to try "0000" or "1234".

the impression I have is that I'm supposed to type that in using the external keyboard. Nothing shows up when I do that. No sign that I've done anything. In point of fact, I'm locked there because my only option at that point is to either punt (cancel) or take a heavy shoe to the damn droid.

If I type the keycode in with the droid, ON the droid, I get 0000 or 1234 or whatever it is I type. The left had button (of 1; okay 2: cancel) becomes active and when I hit okay, the dialog goes away with a message saying that the droid is "pairing".

Huzzah, huzzah.

For thirty seconds or so and the I get told on the droid screen that the keyboard has told the droid to take a flying leap.

whoops.

anybody got any ideas?

suggestions.

Preferably physically possible and not obscene?

browning>>

[ particulars: note, I have installed on bluetooth keyboard v. 1.0 . it came with another keyboard "android 2.apk". maybe i should uninstall it, but when I DID uninstall it and tried, nothing seemed any different. same message, same result.]

OP
tgbrowning

tgbrowning

Reaction score
Update on the verbatum keyboard issue.

Fixed.

Not sure how, though. I took another stab at it for an hour or so about a week ago (long enough to cool down and maybe think things through) and after a huge number of tries, succeeded. I'm not sure what the answer is but I can now, pretty much at will, pair the keyboard with the X2. It seems to be a timing sort of catch because to get the thing to pair, I played around with how long I left between telling the phone and keyboard to pair. The keyboard itself seems to be picky about when it gets the signal and pin.

Browning>>>