Bluetooth: Can't connect to Sony HWS-BTA2W

adiamond

Reaction score
I want to listen to my entertainment system's audio at night over my headphones. I thought I'd find a wifi app for that (just for redirect of audio not whole media etc like some apps do) but no such luck (airfoil does this I think but that's just for the iphone).

So, when I saw the Sony HWS-BTA2W that can transmit audio over bluetooth I figured that would do. I'd connect it to the receiver's headphone jack, put in into transmit mode, attach my headphones to the droid, connect the bluetooth and I'd be set.

Sounds great, unfortunately it won't connect. The droid says it can't communicate and the sony transmitter is remains waiting (blinking ==> waiting to connect). The android will settle on "paired but not connected" but I can never connect (and since the sony is blinking I think the supposed pairing is BS).

The transmitters manual says it only supports a bluetooth passkey of 0000 but I can't even figure out what the droid's passkey is. I have no idea how to even analyze this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.