Bluetooth automatically dialing

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by JWDX, Jan 14, 2011.

1. JWDX

JWDX New Member

Sometimes when I connect my bluetooth headset, the phone automatically dials and calls a number.:icon_eek:
    Anybody else have this problem? It seems to be random. And the number it dials seems to be the same two or three.
    I did a search on the formum and couldn't find any problem like this, but there are a lot of bluetooth posts so I could have missed it.
    JW
  2. Grzldvt

Grzldvt New Member

Dragging this post up again as I am getting the same thing. If I turn the headset off and turn it on it will randomly start dialing one of my contacts. Any ideas?
  3. JWDX

JWDX New Member

My problem with this happend a while ago and seemed to correct itself. However, I think I found what the problem actually was. A couple of days after my post, I bought a new bluetooth headset. The problem seemed to be fixed.
    But the problem was actually my previous device made by Plantronics. When you press the button to turn it on and hold the button a little longer, it will automatically dial the last number you called.
    I figured this out because a coworker started having the same problem and I read the instructions for my Plantronics device, which is what he had. We both concluded that the problem was because of the Plantronics Bluetooth device. I don't know if the button on the headset was wearing out, or if I was pressing it a little too long. Either way, it was annoying.
    As I said before, I don't have that problem now with my Motorola device.
  4. mrvjtod

mrvjtod New Member

I've got a galaxy nexus and each time I click Connect-Bluetooth-Device from my Windows7 laptop, my phone calls my mother in law. Bluetooth doesn't auto connect. I disabled "remotely control device" under bluetooth services on my phone and it stopped auto-answering phone calls. But I'm not sure why it won't auto-connect to my laptop and why, when it does connect, it auto-dials my mother in law. There don't seem to be any settings on my phone, so I'm guessing this is all caused by Windows gremlins.
Search tags for this page
android phone dials a second number automatically
automatically dials when connected to bluebooth
blue tooth calling random numbers

bluetooth headset auto dial

bluetooth randomly diales
car bluetooth calls randomly
droid auto dials on bluetooth connect
droid x2 auto dialing random numbers

how could blue tooth be automaricalky turned on when dialing

how to disable auto redial bluetooth motorola

motorola sliver dialing last number automatically