Bluetooth automatically dialing

JWDX

Reaction score
Sometimes when I connect my bluetooth headset, the phone automatically dials and calls a number.:icon_eek:
Anybody else have this problem? It seems to be random. And the number it dials seems to be the same two or three.
I did a search on the formum and couldn't find any problem like this, but there are a lot of bluetooth posts so I could have missed it.
JW

Grzldvt

Reaction score
Dragging this post up again as I am getting the same thing. If I turn the headset off and turn it on it will randomly start dialing one of my contacts. Any ideas?

OP
J

JWDX

Reaction score
My problem with this happend a while ago and seemed to correct itself. However, I think I found what the problem actually was. A couple of days after my post, I bought a new bluetooth headset. The problem seemed to be fixed.
But the problem was actually my previous device made by Plantronics. When you press the button to turn it on and hold the button a little longer, it will automatically dial the last number you called.
I figured this out because a coworker started having the same problem and I read the instructions for my Plantronics device, which is what he had. We both concluded that the problem was because of the Plantronics Bluetooth device. I don't know if the button on the headset was wearing out, or if I was pressing it a little too long. Either way, it was annoying.
As I said before, I don't have that problem now with my Motorola device.

mrvjtod

Reaction score
My problem with this happend a while ago and seemed to correct itself. However, I think I found what the problem actually was. A couple of days after my post, I bought a new bluetooth headset. The problem seemed to be fixed.
But the problem was actually my previous device made by Plantronics. When you press the button to turn it on and hold the button a little longer, it will automatically dial the last number you called.

I've got a galaxy nexus and each time I click Connect-Bluetooth-Device from my Windows7 laptop, my phone calls my mother in law. Bluetooth doesn't auto connect. I disabled "remotely control device" under bluetooth services on my phone and it stopped auto-answering phone calls. But I'm not sure why it won't auto-connect to my laptop and why, when it does connect, it auto-dials my mother in law. There don't seem to be any settings on my phone, so I'm guessing this is all caused by Windows gremlins.

Gary Curtin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500
Sometimes when I connect my bluetooth headset, the phone automatically dials and calls a number.:icon_eek:
Anybody else have this problem? It seems to be random. And the number it dials seems to be the same two or three.
I did a search on the formum and couldn't find any problem like this, but there are a lot of bluetooth posts so I could have missed it.
JW

I have a similar problem. On Galaxy i9500 my AE2W headphones always dials the last number dialled when they connect. I have not been able to find a solution for this.

When the headphones connect to my t805, there is no such problem.

Any ideas?

Gary Curtin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500
I did find that if I disable phone audio through the bluetooth settings, then this problem goes away. However, being able to receive calls while listening to music is a desirable feature. If you disable the phone audio, it is unlikely that you would hear the phone ringing while listening to music through the headphones.