bluetooth audio, gps maps (No data plan)

Bailie

Reaction score
I won a droid. I decided to keep it and use it like an itouch. I dont have verizon service. (i might get metropcs later) Its pretty cool and I like it so far.

1)My first problem is that I have a sony BT headunit in my car. my regular cell phone will automatically connect to the head unit. I have to go and tell the droid to connect with the headunit too. How do I make it automatic?

2)I have the car dock, and I play music over the bluetooth. I have noticed that the music will change speed(pitch) slowing down, cutting in and out, then speeding up again, repeat. Its kind of subtle except for cutting out. I'm also running the gps maps at the same time. Why is it doing this, or how do I fix it?

3)Since I dont have verizon service, the only way I can get maps is with wifi. I have a map at home but after a mile I'm out of luck. I found the Maps (-) program that will cashe maps. How do I get the native droid map/gps software to use my cashed maps?

Thanks in advance.

OP
B

Bailie

Reaction score
It looks like i need to symbolically link the directories. can anyone tell me how to get a command shell and the code to enter? I need to link

/data/data/com.google.android.apps.maps
to
/sdcard/coderminus.maps/google/

The one thing I'm concerned with is, will the nav app clear my linked cache maps?