Blue tooth won't connect automaticly?

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
How do you make the droid connect to bluetooth devices automatically? Mine never does, When I turn on my jabra BT device I have to go in to settings on the droid and tell it to connect everytime. Is that normal? Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I presume you have BT turned on. I only use it in my car (it has built-in BT), but it connects automatically.

OP
D

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I presume you have BT turned on. I only use it in my car (it has built-in BT), but it connects automatically.

yeah, BT is turned on, it lists the jabra device and says "paired but not connected" I have to then manually touch that button before it will connect, it never does automatically which is how it should work I believe.

Donstar

Reaction score
Blue tooth car connection problem

My blue tooth connection to my (car) new will "pair but is not connected" . So I have to deauthorize and reset between the car and the phone often. Sometime it will not synch to keep rebooting and authorzing.

If any has any suggestions. I would appreciate. Yesterday I was able to use the blue tooth in the car - -but not sure it will work when I go out today. Inconsistent and very frustrating.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Yankees0608

Reaction score
Having same problems

Just have my Droid less than a week & experiencing same problem...BT is active but still have to go through "..paired but not connected"

On another note, thank goodness for this forum because the documentation in general on the Droid is not ggod. Anyone know of a really good manual???dancedroid

suebyrom

Reaction score
i have ally droid and plantronics 520. when phone rings and i press button on bluetooth, no connection

smarch

Reaction score
Hi, I have the same problem with my Motorola S9-HD Bluetooth connecting to my Droid HTC Incredable.
It says its paired but not connected.
The strange thing is it was working fine a few days ago, paired automatically and everything and now it wont connect.

Did anyone find any answers to this problem?!?!
Thanks!

blackdog043

Reaction score
My wife just started having the same problem the other day, with her motorola h720 bluetooth, maybe someone will figure this out. I just had to turn off blue tooth and reconnect it again. Like the others it says paired but not connected, this has never happened before.

OP
D

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Just for the record I discovered that my problem was user error. I was holding the "power on" button on the BT device down too long and it was going into pair mode rather than just turning on. I have three BT devices now and they all work the same...... ie- a 3 second hold of the power button turns it on and it will connect to my droid as long as I have paired it once before. However (and where my "problem" came in) holding down the power button for 5 seconds and they go into pairing mode which requires going into the droid bt settings and accepting it.

blackdog043

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on holding the button to long, I just let her know. Weird thing is she has been using a BT for a long time.