Blu-ray DVD advice wanted

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Looking to get a new Blu-ray DVD player...

I want...
Wi-fi
Netflix
Also must be able to play from usb....

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I've had standalone bluray players and a ps3. If your set on Netflix I would definitely go with a ps3. Otherwise I've got a couple year old Panasonic dmp-bd35k standalone I'd love to sell for $65 :)

vatothe0

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. It gets constant support from Sony and is by far the most versatile bluray player available.

Plays from usb, network drives, netflix. You can even load custom roms if you want.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Backnblack

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Doesn't matter. It gets constant support from Sony and is by far the most versatile bluray player available.

Plays from usb, network drives, netflix. You can even load custom roms if you want.

Sent from my DROIDX

I hear you, Still not going to happen.

I just need a DVD player....

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Most sites suggest to just get a ps3 even if its not being used for gaming (I remember seeing this on cnet). It has a huge hard drive for music/movies along with USB playback, wifi, netflix, internet browsing, and a top notch blu-ray player. Its easily the best deal in terms of buying a bluray player.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I have an LG BD550. Good player with network support, including Netflix. Updates for it come in every few weeks. I got it back in July for $140...they are going for less than $100 now. This model doesn't have wifi but the BD750 does.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

WERA689

Administrator
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One+ One, Nexus 5
I'll recommend one of the low end Panasonics. I have their last gen High End player, the DMP-BD85, but you should do fine with the BD65, I think. Does all you want, and is currently under 200 bones!