Blocking your caller id?

Toonah

Reaction score
My dad is a doctor, and uses his phone to call patients. He is trying to figure out a way to block his number so when he calls a patient, they don't see his number. He looked thru the settings and did not find anything. I have a droid as well but I'm not sure how to do that. Is there somewhere in the settings to do this, if not I imagine there's an app for it. Let me know if you know how to do it. Thanks!

Grabraham

Reaction score
Caller ID & Caller ID Blocking

Description

Caller ID allows you to see the caller's phone number before you take the call. Caller ID may display the number of the person calling on your wireless phone (for all unblocked numbers). It may also display the name of the person if you've stored it in your phone's memory. Calls can usually be returned by pressing one button.

Caller ID Blocking allows you to block your number from being displayed through Caller ID, and can either be done permanently or temporarily. How to Get It

Caller ID is an included feature that is typically added to your account when you first activate service. If you wish to confirm you have this feature, sign in to My Verizon and select "My Plan" and then select "Add/Change Features."

Caller ID Blocking must be activated; refer to the "How To Use It" Section below for instructions. How to Use It

Caller ID
In order for Caller ID to work, the called party must:
  1. Have a Caller ID-capable phone
  2. Have the Caller ID feature activated
  3. Be traveling in an area that supports Caller ID
Caller ID Blocking
To Deactivate Caller ID on individual outbound calls:
  1. Press *67.
  2. Dial the number.
  3. Press SEND. The words "Private," "Anonymous," or some other indicator will appear on the called party's Caller ID device instead of your wireless number.
To Deactivate Caller ID on all calls to a specific number:
Press *82 + the number + SEND.

To permanently block your number from being displayed on any phone:
  1. Sign-in to My Verizon.
  2. Click on the My Plan tab.
  3. Click on Add/change features.
  4. Check the box near "Caller ID Blocking."
  5. Click the Next button at the bottom of the form.

Calling Features: Caller ID & Caller ID Blocking

DroidFan

Reaction score
In my profession, I also don't want clients to have my number. I use *67 before any of my client's numbers so they only see "Private Caller" and don't have my cell number. If I'm storing client information in my phone, I'll save the number with the *67 before their phone number in my phonebook.

Works like a charm!

david woolard

Reaction score
caller id

works like a charm... just don't ad the pause (,) cause it won't work then, at least, it didn't for me.

thanks for your tip.
david

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
Since your father is a doctor, he may be very interested in this:

http://www.matthewjbarnes.com/#ecwid:category=812192&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

That will allow him to call his patients using his phone, but on their caller ID it will show any number he wants (in this case his office number would be perfect). It is not free, but well worth it, and if he liked it enough I would offer him a discount if he bought several cards.

IF your Dad has a smartphone, then there is a Spoofcard app he can download and try it a few times for free.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk