Blocking phone calls

Rzm1986

Reaction score
You can if you use handcent SMS. There is an option to hide texts and send calls directly to voicemail

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
M

matthskim

Reaction score
You can if you use handcent SMS. There is an option to hide texts and send calls directly to voicemail

If it is "Manage Blacklist" under Security & privacy, it does not work. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Rzm1986

Reaction score
Long press on a contact in handcent and blacklist. I went back to my Droid and couldn't figure out how to block calls but I know it can be done. Sorry. What phone are you using?

Rzm1986

Reaction score
OK I figured it out. Go to a contact in your contact list, not messaging app, and hit settings/options. It should be there somewhere

OP
M

matthskim

Reaction score
OK I figured it out. Go to a contact in your contact list, not messaging app, and hit settings/options. It should be there somewhere

I do remember using the option with Droid 2. But Droid 3 does not have the option in the contact.

Rzm1986

Reaction score
I have the option on both the Droid 1 and galaxy nexus. Sorry dude. Try Googling it or something

Shimmy549

Reaction score
This isn't quite the same as blocking, but it may be effective enough.

If you go into Settings>>>Call Settings, you can ignore incoming calls with an automatic text.

If that's not good enough, I'm pretty sure you can find an app that will suit your needs better. Or you could check out the VZW webpage. I think there's a way to select numbers to block from your account homepage.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Yeah there should be an option. Go to the contact, press menu, settings? send incomming calls to voicemail. Sorry I'm running Ice Creme Sandwich otherwise I would elaborate more. In ICS its right in the menu after you choose the contact ;)

boscharun

Reaction score
Yes, you need to take contacts, tap on a contact so the contact details are shown, then press menu and selection "Incoming Calls". Once done, the caller would hear like one ring and a message that the number is busy. You can also use mr.number if you want to block multiple numbers. Thing is you can forget whom you have blocked. In the app, there is always a list - How to Block Calls From Any Person or Number in Android