blinking or flashing start up screen . Cant boot phone up

jeff5347

Reaction score
Ok so here is what is happening and what i have done. I had Vortex rc1 and had flashed to the Vortex reloaded rom. All went fine, loaded all my market apps, and was getting everything back in order. I have quickclock so that was my next move and went in and hit calibrate... phone seemed to have been going thru its thing to see what values it could apply and the phone went to reboot like normal for the quickclock but now all i have is a flashing screen with the google logo. I tried removing the battery and such but to no avail. How do i get the phone to reboot. I have no clue what happened

Ok so i figured i would just wipe data and do a factory reset and use my nandroid to get to my previous rc1 build. Wiped it and went to reboot and it is still flashing. It just flashes slowly with a Google logo and occasional blue led light

Last edited:
OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
ok this is crazy. isbf's the phone w rsd lite , rebooted installed root and everything was fine i was just on froyo. Then i installed dxbootstrap and bootstrapped to install my deodexed 605zip and install went fine...until i went to "reboot phone now" it started on the blinking screen again with a white M logo. Blinks about every 5 seconds. Cant boot the phone or anything. I thought sbf'ing would wipe any weirdness and let me start over. So now im at a loss of what to do....

Savagerun

Reaction score
You cant install the 605 zip on froyo you need to be on gingerbread to install that. Don't sbf to froyo just do the gingerbread 4.5.602 or the 4.5.605 sbf then you can install vortex or whatever gingerbread rom you want.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
[SUB]Savagerun, it was late last night and again this morning after doing more searches i saw i cant just go to 605 like you stated. So i sbf'd again and rooted and CW'd to install the dxgbrooted.zip i had on my sd card. Install went fine and phone is working but heres my dilemma. The version of GB for the dxbbrooted is .573. How do i get to 602 or 605. Do i have to sbf again and is there a tut on going from an sbf froyo to a rooted 602 or 605[/SUB]

leftspin

Reaction score
[SUB]Savagerun, it was late last night and again this morning after doing more searches i saw i cant just go to 605 like you stated. So i sbf'd again and rooted and CW'd to install the dxgbrooted.zip i had on my sd card. Install went fine and phone is working but heres my dilemma. The version of GB for the dxbbrooted is .573. How do i get to 602 or 605. Do i have to sbf again and is there a tut on going from an sbf froyo to a rooted 602 or 605[/SUB]

If you want to be on rooted .602/.605 the cleanest and easiest way to do it is just SBF to either of them and root with D3 One Click

Savagerun

Reaction score

Like leftspin said you can sbf to 602 or 605 from right where your at now. You don't need to go to froyo first if thats what your thinking. You can use the 4.5.602 or 4.5.605 sbf file i gave you a link to and use that with rsdlite. After you sbf you can use the d3 one click root to get rooted. You'll find the d3 one click in this link and there should be a video with instructions http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/g...g/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html

Last edited:
OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
Well i didnt use the link u had savage as i was so aggrevated i must have sbf'd 4 x's. This what i did . Sbf to 304, used TBH 340-602 2 part zip, then installed deodexed 605 zip then vortex reloaded. Holy crap i got it and vortex is downloading all my apps now. But what a cluster f. One question, when i flashed Vortex reloaded last night it loaded fine. All was fine until i went to use Quickclock to over clock the cpu. it went in to its calibration mode and then just sh!t the bed on me. So now im afraid to use quickclock again. What would have made QC ruin the rom .

While im ttyping this is see all my apps downloading then all of the sudden it says "Error Error downloading "whatever app". There is insufficient space available on the device." I have tons of space on both the home and sd card. What is now happening.

Savagerun

Reaction score
For your app issue try going in clockwork recovery and wipe the cache partition then try downloading apps again. See if that helps

Savagerun

Reaction score
As far as QC goes im not sure why it borked you but did you happen to make a backup of it? I use titanium to backup my apps and if you did make a backup of QC just restore it and your old settings will be restored that you previously used. It will probably work fine doing it that way than trying to start from scratch. Hopefully you made a backup of it so you can try that.

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
Well i went back to RC1. I found that for some reason OC doesnt work with Vortex reloaded. Once i flashed vortex reloaded it was eorking fine. Got all apps installed and texting and everything was working. About 2 hrs later i went to re install OC and that went fine. Once i went to calibrate it to find the my values it did its thing then crashed and wouldnt respond to anything. Just a flashing "google" screen. SO out with the new and in wih the old