Blackberry contacts to Incredible

MJKneuro

Reaction score
You don't necessary NEED one but it is highly super omega recommended as it makes things 100x easier.

For me, I actually read up on it and sync'd all my contacts on my Windows phone to my gmail and thank god I did.[/QUOTE]

I don't know - guess I have a bit of 'off the grid' attitude. Don't like the idea of some big brother having all my information. But I guess I'm kidding myself to think that if I only sync via the desk top that google won't have all my information. I suspect that just by loading maps or other google programs we are implicitly giving them access to most if not all of the information on our phones.......

OP
DJxEDxD

DJxEDxD

Reaction score
Wow such a response lol. Ok one of these gotta do it. Th
anks all gonna have a go at it after work. Think ima try the nights idea lol as I have everything I need for it and seems easiest.

spurscar

Reaction score
So glad I google'd this before the phone arrived - the Gmail/Google Sync solution works great if the old phone is still active.

OP
DJxEDxD

DJxEDxD

Reaction score
Ya was surprised the tech at Verizon didn't know this .They tried a bunch of stuff aside from reforming my card cause I didn't have it backed up.
And he was the one raving about the gmail greatness n all lol. ya well ill get it now.

Big Cam

Reaction score
google sync worked great for me.
I asked the same question a few months ago when I came here form a BB.

Download google sync, let it sync your contacts, then burn your blackberry, adn when you log into your Gmail account on the droid, BAM, contacts.

Big Cam

Reaction score
So glad I google'd this before the phone arrived - the Gmail/Google Sync solution works great if the old phone is still active.
You just need to sync everythign before you de-activate the phone.

I synced my contacts, then turned off my BB, then I activated my Droid (obviously de-activating my BB) adn then synced, and all was good. Once everything is loaded, it's not stored on your old phone, it's tied to your gmail account.