Bionic problems

Reaction score
I get that there are some problems with the bionic and the update solved a lot of them. What i am wondering is if there are a lot more bad bionics than people are aware of. Situation: i am on my third bionic with a fourth on the way, 1st one had bad hdmi audio, the second was great until black screen of death and the third has the hdmi audio issue. Custom roms do not fix the problem so i assume it is a hardware issue. If the phone is set to make a sound when locked it does not click and that has been the trend with the two that have bad hdmi audio. How many bad phones do i have to get before i can have verizon switch me to a different phone due to serious problems? I am not happy that i paid $300 for a phone and i am now getting refurbs for my money and not getting a good phone.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

oapb

Reaction score
I went through 7 OG droids then got put in a d2, went through 3 of those then got put in a droidX and went through 7 of those until I bought my bionic on launch day...Im on my 2nd. Ive got an email in to my regional president asking to be put in a new manufacturer. We shall see how that goes

dags5000

Reaction score
Sound like you are searching for something that doesn't exist? these devices aren't perfect. You can do return after return and be able to find something wrong with each one. 14 different phones is slightly insane.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Yeah I have a VERY hard time believing anyone got 16+ bad phones while thousands of others are fine with one. Sounds like you need to give the poor manufacturers a rest.

oapb

Reaction score
Not true. all OGs I had would random reboot atleast once a day as well as having the known headphone jack issue. the first and second droid2 had charging issues and headphone jack issues and touch screen going crazy and doing whatever it wanted, also the second would get so hot as to burn my leg while in my pocket. the third d2 came from moto with a large scratch across the camera lens, the trim around the keyboard was popped off and the actual rubber keyboard was falling off and the earpiece speaker was inop. the droidXs were replaced for various black screens, charging issues, random restarts and bootloops. havent rooted any phones after the second OG droid so I cant blame it on that

OP
treefrog20012003
Reaction score
The part that bothers me is that i have had two with hdmi audio issues and one was a certified replacement. REALLY? How did a certified replacement got out with bad hdmi audio? My second one was perfect hdmi and all, until the black screen of death and if the update does fix that then i would still have it if the update would have come out fast enough. I just cant see how i could have this much trouble when my OG Droid made two years no problems and the fascinate i had did ok as well.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

mkettyle

Reaction score
Big Bionic Woes

How many times has Verizon told me that the fix is coming? Too many to count! My phone will not get 3g more than half of the time and forget 4g. The update was pushed and so was I...pushed to the end of my rope that is. My phone now has worse data reception than ever! What I want to know is how is Verizon/Motorola going to address this problem, rectify it and compensate me for the loss of time, connectivity and temper throughout this ordeal. If anyone knows how to help me with this PLEASE let me know....I am coming to the end of my rope on this one, I've tried to be patient, calm, cool and collected but I don't know how much longer I can hang...If they can't fix it, I want a new phone with the same features that will work. Motorola and Verizon are equal partners in sharing responsibility for these problems, I, as the loyal VZW and Motorola customer should not have to pay (literally and figuratively) for the poor design and execution/operation of the product/service.

Tonik

Reaction score
. If anyone knows how to help me with this PLEASE let me know....

Call vz. Be polite and calm. They will send you a cln bionic. After you get the third bionic you will pretty much get to choose any phone you want.

If you try and demand compensation for your time they will not do that. Be reasonable and they are easy to deal with.

OP
treefrog20012003
Reaction score
After a third phone? That was never offered to me. I am on my fifth one and finally have one that works and I mean everything. I had to contact Motorola to get a good one.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

Tonik

Reaction score
After a third phone? That was never offered to me. I am on my fifth one and finally have one that works and I mean everything. I had to contact Motorola to get a good one.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

You got to bring it up and push then a little.

OP
treefrog20012003
Reaction score
I most likely will sell my bionic and use that money to get a nexus device. I know the nexus has some less/ lower grade items but it has the ability for fully customized software not just work arounds. The phone works great after the 901 update but I am not satisfied with how poor the phone is and was handled. Still check to see if your lock sounds work, if not the hdmi audio is bad and that is an issue being ignored by Verizon but not by Motorola if they are told.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

mkettyle

Reaction score
Bionic woes go to the FTC

Feeling better! Even though it's not going to change a thing....I officially registered a complaint with the FTC about my numerous problems with the Bionic and the connectivity ---- I'm on my third phone and still having problems. I will continue to try to work respectfully and rationally with VZW but I'm being given the run around and to boot, I'm paying for it. I am being charged for service that is intermittent at best as well as a mobile hotspot feature...Something is wrong with this picture! Just pushing the send button on the FTC website and receiving the little confirmation email that it was received has made me feel better...That is until I need to check my email on my cell or research something on the web again...

Verro84

Reaction score
My Bionic keeps rebooting and its not rooted or anything i did a factory rest 4 times already and ot still does it and its like every 5 min seriously if someone has a solution pm me or please let me know. Thanks

mkettyle

Reaction score
Bionic Woes --- Shaved away (hopefully)

Update - The phone was powering on and off all day yesterday and when it was on (after a battery pull), no 3/4G...I called VZW again and was told 4G was out across the country.... Regardless, I still wasn't even getting 3G and when I tried to turn the phone on it would not turn on....I was offered options and chose the RAZR. It should be here today. Hopefully my problems with the hardware will be resolved. I don't mind not having 4G but no 3G? -I can't work with that....I love the Bionic when it works and hope that I will be just as happy with the RAZR.