HDMI audio output

asghar

Reaction score
When I connect the phone to my TV, I only get video, no audio. Have gone through all the options on the TV with no luck, using a brand new cable so chances are less but could be the cable. Anyone else tried using the HDMI yet?

Ever since I have tired using the HDMI, I am having issues with Skype and also that the phone screen does not turn off anymore after non-activity. I have powered cycled once already. Also I do not see apps getting flagged for updates in market anymore, use to see this.

Any ideas?

jacobrv

Reaction score
I have tried hdmi on 2 tvs and both had audio in mirror mode. however a problem I've has was both tvs only gave me 720p in webtop when one them is 1080p.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Renae

Reaction score
Okay, really simple check for you...make sure the media volume is turned up. I made this mistake and was really confused.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
A

asghar

Reaction score
For video, the TV tells me I have a 1080P connection, not sure if the video looked like 1080P or not. Was using mirror mode also.

Audio, I jogged the TV volume up and down, using the volume jogger on the side of the phone I tried that also. I think I am going to walk into Best Buy and ask them to test the cable for me (using my phone and connecting to their TV since I bought the cable from them). if it works there, then I need to figure out what TV setting it keeping this from happening although I have gone through all the menu for it.

BTW, the phone is working better now as far as turning off from no activity after I stopped the Moto doc app and power cycled the unit.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Once you connect to HDMI the bug fixed in the forth coming fix can only be reset by power cycling the phone... also, you need to go into settings and reset the sleep overide option. See the notes from VZ...
As far as HDMI output... its automatic now and the TV setting is where the adjustment needs to be made... hope that helps... Check audio settings on the tv under or associated with HDMI.

OP
A

asghar

Reaction score
Worked at Best Buy on their TV, need to figure out what TV setting is keeping this from playing.

What is the best way of ending the HDMI connection, just pull the cable?

brent.murray

Reaction score
I'm having the same Audio issue. Video working fine, no prob there. I checked all my audio vol. settings and everything was fine. It's a brand new OEM verizon HDMI cable. I tried multiple modes, tried settings on tv, no audio.... :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

OP
A

asghar

Reaction score
Which TV do you have? I have a Sharp, I have not played again with the TV since trying it out at Best Buy.

Mugenized

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem. I tried it with my receiver (new model Pioneer purchased last year) and an older Sharp LCD. Video displays without a problem but there is no audio. I turned up the volume on both the phone and the receiver and TV. The cable I got was from Monoprice and I thought it might be the cable's fault so I had them send a new one. The same thing happens. Also, I tried another Bionic that was purchased at the same time and the same thing happens (though I haven't tried it with the new cable). All other HDMI equipment that was plugged into the receiver required no additional settings to be changed so I'm a bit stumped as to what's going on.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Are you rooted? I had no problems non rooted but I'll check again tonight rooted... Winter player are you using to view from and where are the files stored?

Mugenized

Reaction score
Are you rooted? I had no problems non rooted but I'll check again tonight rooted... Winter player are you using to view from and where are the files stored?

Nope, neither Bionics I tried were rooted. I tried using Google Music, YouTube, and Cut the Rope (game) and no sound. The moment I unplug the cable, I get sound from the phone.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Try playing a video with rock player lite... Is a free download... Curious as to what happens.... Let me know.

johnnyazn

Reaction score
I got the same problem with my Panasonic 50in plasma. Great video, but no audio. Used same cable to a old samsung 32", works just fine. Anyone figure this problem out yet?

tono80

Reaction score
LG 50 inch plasma from 2006. Fios and DVD player work fine. Bionic, no luck with sound. Looking forward for a solution.

safety

Reaction score
I haven't tried mirror mode, but I can tell you that webtop works perfect for me. I have noticed that I need the phone volume all the way up and the tv volume about half way to get decent sound. I am rooted using Liberty 3 1.0 rom. I will try mirror mode in a few minutes and let you know if it works for me.

Edit: Mirror mode works as well and the volume was much louder.