1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HDMI audio output

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by asghar, Oct 3, 2011.

1. asghar

asghar New Member

When I connect the phone to my TV, I only get video, no audio. Have gone through all the options on the TV with no luck, using a brand new cable so chances are less but could be the cable. Anyone else tried using the HDMI yet?

Ever since I have tired using the HDMI, I am having issues with Skype and also that the phone screen does not turn off anymore after non-activity. I have powered cycled once already. Also I do not see apps getting flagged for updates in market anymore, use to see this.

Any ideas?
  2. jacobrv

jacobrv New Member

I have tried hdmi on 2 tvs and both had audio in mirror mode. however a problem I've has was both tvs only gave me 720p in webtop when one them is 1080p.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. Renae

Renae New Member

Okay, really simple check for you...make sure the media volume is turned up. I made this mistake and was really confused.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  4. asghar

asghar New Member

For video, the TV tells me I have a 1080P connection, not sure if the video looked like 1080P or not. Was using mirror mode also.

Audio, I jogged the TV volume up and down, using the volume jogger on the side of the phone I tried that also. I think I am going to walk into Best Buy and ask them to test the cable for me (using my phone and connecting to their TV since I bought the cable from them). if it works there, then I need to figure out what TV setting it keeping this from happening although I have gone through all the menu for it.

BTW, the phone is working better now as far as turning off from no activity after I stopped the Moto doc app and power cycled the unit.
  5. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn New Member

Once you connect to HDMI the bug fixed in the forth coming fix can only be reset by power cycling the phone... also, you need to go into settings and reset the sleep overide option. See the notes from VZ...
    As far as HDMI output... its automatic now and the TV setting is where the adjustment needs to be made... hope that helps... Check audio settings on the tv under or associated with HDMI.

6. asghar

asghar New Member

Worked at Best Buy on their TV, need to figure out what TV setting is keeping this from playing.

What is the best way of ending the HDMI connection, just pull the cable?
  7. brent.murray

brent.murray New Member

I'm having the same Audio issue. Video working fine, no prob there. I checked all my audio vol. settings and everything was fine. It's a brand new OEM verizon HDMI cable. I tried multiple modes, tried settings on tv, no audio.... :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:
  8. asghar

asghar New Member

Which TV do you have? I have a Sharp, I have not played again with the TV since trying it out at Best Buy.
  9. Mugenized

Mugenized New Member

I've been having the same problem. I tried it with my receiver (new model Pioneer purchased last year) and an older Sharp LCD. Video displays without a problem but there is no audio. I turned up the volume on both the phone and the receiver and TV. The cable I got was from Monoprice and I thought it might be the cable's fault so I had them send a new one. The same thing happens. Also, I tried another Bionic that was purchased at the same time and the same thing happens (though I haven't tried it with the new cable). All other HDMI equipment that was plugged into the receiver required no additional settings to be changed so I'm a bit stumped as to what's going on.
  10. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn New Member

Are you rooted? I had no problems non rooted but I'll check again tonight rooted... Winter player are you using to view from and where are the files stored?

11. Mugenized

Mugenized New Member

Nope, neither Bionics I tried were rooted. I tried using Google Music, YouTube, and Cut the Rope (game) and no sound. The moment I unplug the cable, I get sound from the phone.
  12. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn New Member

Try playing a video with rock player lite... Is a free download... Curious as to what happens.... Let me know.

13. johnnyazn

johnnyazn New Member

I got the same problem with my Panasonic 50in plasma. Great video, but no audio. Used same cable to a old samsung 32", works just fine. Anyone figure this problem out yet?
  14. tono80

tono80 New Member

LG 50 inch plasma from 2006. Fios and DVD player work fine. Bionic, no luck with sound. Looking forward for a solution.

15. safety

safety New Member

I haven't tried mirror mode, but I can tell you that webtop works perfect for me. I have noticed that I need the phone volume all the way up and the tv volume about half way to get decent sound. I am rooted using Liberty 3 1.0 rom. I will try mirror mode in a few minutes and let you know if it works for me.

Edit: Mirror mode works as well and the volume was much louder.
  16. short283

short283 New Member

I have a droid bionic and every time I hook it up to my tv via HDMI or USB my phone freezes and I am hooking to a samsung 43" LCD HDTV not sure what the problem is but hopefully OTA update .893 fixes this issue as well

17. djembeman

djembeman New Member

This is an odd problem. I plugged my Bionic into my TV using my long HDMI cable that I have an extender plugged into the HMDI TO HDMI micro and I have no problems in mirror mode. I can wait to try webtop when I get my Webtop Adapter. Just make sure you don't have anything plugged into your headphone jack! All audio and video will go through your HDMI. Just want to make sure you are not trying to plug your mini jack (3.5" headphone jack) into the TV as well.

18. johnnyazn

johnnyazn New Member

I tried everything. Volume is up, nothing plugged into the jack. I even tried it through my HDMI out on my Onkyo receiver. I get picture but no sound. Called motorola and they wanted me to factory reset my 2 wk old phone. I don't think its an issue with the phone seeing how it works on one tv and not the other. Could it be the cord? Are the cords brand specific? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!
  19. djembeman

djembeman New Member

Cables played a part in my LG Revolution not connecting well to my TV. I bought a cheap $1 cable from Amazon and it had problems giving me a solid connection in general, video and audio. I got a better cable from the cell phone kiosk at an Airforce Base Exchange and it worked much better. My TV is a Toshiba 46" 3D. Make sure you try a direct connection to the TV, not just through your receiver. I don't know what a factory reset will do to help, but you never know what will. Good Luck!

20. short283

short283 New Member

I have the high speed hdmi cable from the Verizon store it is supose to be for any hdmi capable phone. But I do not believe it is the cable cause my usb cable causes the same issues such as freezing and major lagging which leads me to believe it is my phone or possibly my tv not being fully compatible with my phone not sure yet but the tv should me but im considering it an option due to the fact I hope its not my phone lol I got enough problems with the dissapearing data signal

Search tags for this page

android hdmi audio out droid x

android hdmi audio output

android set audio output from hdmi
cant get sound on droid bionic cable
disable audio for hdmi android
droid 3 hdmi sound static problem
droid bionic tv out
droid bonic sleep screen while in hdmi
droid razr output audio hdmi
fix android to tv hdmi no audio