Bionic lapdock

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Accessories' started by droidxd00d, Apr 7, 2012.

1. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
    Using mine I find it kind of buggy but great as a spare laptop. I leave it in my center console in the event I need a computer and can't get to one although I don't know when I'd need it over just using the bionic itself. Probably for a portable emulator station for some mariokart action...

2. walkerstempe

walkerstempe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my lap dock during that 50 dollar sale VZW was doing. It sucked while under gingerbread. Ice cream sandwich has turned it into a nice accessory.

3. brroid

brroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also picked up a $50 Lapdock. Been using it for about two weeks. I found it clumsy until I added a wireless mouse, and now I find that I'm using it more than my laptop.
    My fat fingers needed a short learning curve on the smaller keyboard and a few of the keyboard/mouse actions are a bit different than Windows, but I've mostly adjusted. I just like that I can shove it into a backpack and I hardly know it's there. I don't need to lug around a heavy computer bag.
    I don't like touch screen devices, so this is near perfect for me.

4. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
    I haven't used mine in months honestly. It travels with me as a backup laptop so I guess that's a nice safety net to have on the road though.

5. walkerstempe

walkerstempe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dust that baby off, this thing is running sweet under JB.

6. SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE Active Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G6
    ive been playing dead trigger on my phone while plugged into my lapdock and using the Moga controller. the bigger screen is awesome :icon_ lala:, even better then playing on my N7. the lapdock is much more functional now.

7. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
    Ugh gotta upgrade to JB, waiting for root at least or maybe I'll just do rootkeeper... I actually have been using mine a little more lately. Wife's laptop was down needing a new mobo so I gave her mine to use while we waited for parts to come in from the evilbays. Wasn't too bad actually. Just had to keep it in phone mode on the homescreen vs webtop or it would jam up for some reason...

8. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    We have root.

9. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
    I really wish the OVA root method was stickied in more places... either that or my google-fu sucks but I usually find that stuff pretty fast. Anyway its rooted, flying along on the stock rooted rom, great battery life and the lapdock works even better. On ICS it would crash all the time in webtop mode, in JB it does not. Lapdock saved my internet life this last week when my laptop charger went awol and I had to resort to my lapdock as my primary computer for 3 days. Not bad, not bad at all. Detected my wireless usb mouse right away and was basically a netbook for me. No Skyrim but oh well...

10. bionic207

bionic207 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe this has been covered but I can't find it. Since the JB update I can't control the volume when using the lap dock it either Max or nothing. Any one know what to do. Thanks

11. brroid

brroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same for me and others. If you plug speakers or headphones into the phone jack the volume control works, or switch audio output to the phone speaker.

Search tags for this page

bionic lapdock

bionic lapdock fit extended battery oem
droid bionic lapdock extended battery
droid bionic lapdock manual
extended+bionic+fit+lap dock
how much battery does the bionic lapdock
lapdock hacks mod
motorola bionic lapdock manual
motorola droid bionic lapdock manual
will droid bionic with extended battery fit in lapdock