Motorola lapdock 100 is....

summortuus

Reaction score
Now available at Verizon. It is listed as a Razr only accessory, and can only be added to your cart when you say you own a razr.

This is not the case as I'm currently typing this on my new lapdock 100 using my bionic.

I found one at a store today in Santa Ana, CA. Even the guy there asked me where I got my razr. I responded I had a bionic and assured him it would work. He didn't believe me and neither did verizons computers, so we opened the box and popped my bionic in.

So here I am browsing away on my new lapdock.... it's a little small, but it's sweet!

Sent from my Lapdock 100 using my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
thought id crosspost this from XDA, because i have a lapdock now as well.

i will bump this. picked up my lapdock 100 for 168 (work discount). The bionic DOES fit in the little slot, even with the extended battery, its very tight though. I can see one modding this by taking the rubber out so itll fit better. No pic because i dont have a cam besides my phone but i have reg pics. has built in speakers, and i hooked up a wireless logitech mouse to it. when i went in they tried to sell me the bionic specific one that cost 100 dollars more i think, but i said i wanted the 100 thats 200 bucks. they didnt know if it would work or not, but they unplugged the one on the sales floor and it started right up. Right now my only gripe is the mousepad feels a little flimsy, but that was easily solved with a wireless mouse.

2011-11-11_19-59-50_704.jpg

2011-11-11_19-59-34_309.jpg

2011-11-11_20-00-17_835.jpg

2011-11-11_20-01-06_470.jpg

2011-11-11_20-01-19_860.jpg

2011-11-11_20-01-58_912.jpg

OP
summortuus

summortuus

Reaction score
Only gripes i have are...

1) there's a notification saying usb not recognized, tho i haven't tried to plug anything in usb yet.

2) when my bionic with extended battery is sitting in the slot with the plug facing up, netflix played from the phone is projected upside down on the lapdock. I have to pull the phone out and flip it and then lay it flat for the movie to play right side up.

3) it seems to be a little laggy when opening apps and new browsers, but i guess that's to be expected a little maybe.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
Only gripes i have are...

1) there's a notification saying usb not recognized, tho i haven't tried to plug anything in usb yet.

2) when my bionic with extended battery is sitting in the slot with the plug facing up, netflix played from the phone is projected upside down on the lapdock. I have to pull the phone out and flip it and then lay it flat for the movie to play right side up.

3) it seems to be a little laggy when opening apps and new browsers, but i guess that's to be expected a little maybe.

Yeah, I also have gotten the USB not recognized, but after unplugging and plugging the bionic to the lapdock, it goes away. Maybe that's why I'm also having a unresponsive mouse problem?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

OP
summortuus

summortuus

Reaction score
I have been unable to get the "usb not recognized" notification to go away. I'm not even sure what's causing it since it doesn't seem to be affecting the phone. I haven't plugged anything into the usb ports yet.

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
I have been unable to get the "usb not recognized" notification to go away. I'm not even sure what's causing it since it doesn't seem to be affecting the phone. I haven't plugged anything into the usb ports yet.

More often than not, I get the USB not recognized message as well. Right now, I have a USB mouse plugged in and I have the message but the mouse still works. So, I'm not sure what's up with that.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just bought the Lapdock 100 earlier today. My first impression is that it's pretty neat and a fine replacement for a netbook, especially since I get to use my phone's data plan. The downside is that there are few programs available for it. I had thought that I could just run my phone apps which I can through what appears to be a phone emmulator.

I am especially disappointed that Verizon wouldn't let me use my business discount. This thing would definately have been worth $150. At $200 it's questionable.

dave52355

Reaction score
Could it be the "USB not recognized" message be the phone as not being recognized? Perhaps the dock is looking for something indicating that a RAZR is plugged in?

OP
summortuus

summortuus

Reaction score
Apparently its not considered an accessory, which is what i was told.....

On the usb front, it does recognize the phone, and if i plug in a thumb drive the error goes away. Just an odd quirk i guess.

mikespe

Reaction score
I just got my wireless mouse in the mail today & plugged it in without a problem. As a matter of fact I found out it works MUCH better than the pad on the lapdock! VERY WELL I may add! The mouse moves very fast I had to slow it down in the settings! Having the wireless mouse made the lapdock go from questionable to a keeper. My only issue I have been having is that after plugging the phone in & opening the lid to turn it on it turns on but sometimes turns off by itself right away. I then have to either close & reopen the lid or unplug the replug the phone...it doesn't happen a lot but every now & then. I'm thinking a software update could fix it...

I would like to see a software update add some software to the webtop like email, word processing, and maybe solitaire LOL

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Ok, to all that has the Lapdock 100: What's the verdict??

I'm on the fence still, but leaning toward a yes for my Bionic. Now that you've had it for some time, is it worth the $$$?

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
My wife loves her lapdock 100. She doesn't use it for word processing, she doesn't edit pictures or videos; she uses it for her facebook and web browsing and watching hulu.

She loves the fact that she can do that on a bigger screen while still playing games on her phone like wordfued, hanging with friends, etc side by side with the browser. it's cool how she can still see her notifications pop up even when she's watching her hulu and be able to respond to her text messages while her show is running. She can pause her shows when she needs to answer a call directly from the lapdock.

The lapdock is actually a very cool and handy accessory and her next phone will have to be a motorola so that she can continue to use it.

I just wish they made one for my xperia play but, oh well.

I highly recommend it if you are fully aware of what it can and cannot do and can accept that.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

bermudagem

Reaction score
I bought it as well. And I have the bionic. It does not say anything about the usb on mine. It is pretty cool. It has two usb ports in the back, so I got the wireless mouse for mine as well. The only thing that I want, that it does not have, is a camera.....I would love having that on it. I love it. I had bought the lapdock when I bought my Bionic. I did not like the way the keys felt, It had other issues as well. I took it back within the week. I love this one. I think the 500 will have the camera....Oh well....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForum

OP
summortuus

summortuus

Reaction score
Got the ota update. My dock runs much better now. Haven't gotten a memory error yet running 3 tabs open in Firefox.

No more USB error message either.

Only issue I have now is some websites seem to be running newer versions of flash than the Firefox browser is running.