Bionic homescreen time and date freezes when plugged in to charge battery

lightman77

Reaction score
The stock time and date widget freezes when I plug the charger in. The small time in the top right corner is right, but the widget time and date is frozen to the time when I plugged it in to charge the last couple nights. Anyone else have this issue or a way to fix it? I deleted and re-launched the widget and it fixed it but only until I plugged the charger in again. Help!

Frankemtp

Reaction score
You have to use the correct charger

The stock time and date widget freezes when I plug the charger in. The small time in the top right corner is right, but the widget time and date is frozen to the time when I plugged it in to charge the last couple nights. Anyone else have this issue or a way to fix it? I deleted and re-launched the widget and it fixed it but only until I plugged the charger in again. Help!

You need to use a Verizon charger. An after market charger may or may not work. It is my understanding that the Verizon chargers can push 3.8 volts while the aftermarket may be limited to 3.7 volts. I had the same problem until I figured it out.

gsDroid

Reaction score
I believe the stock charger outputs .5V and 850ma. I have one aftermarket charger that works fine (.5V and 1Amp) and one that doesn't work. I also have one cord that will not work with my Bionic, but will charge my bluetooth car speaker. Find the ones that work for you, but you should use the ones that came with the phone.

OP
L

lightman77

Reaction score
I am using the charger that came with the phone. It is the genuine Motorola charger. It's the only one I have so far.