Touch screen freezes when charging?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by burfizzle, Jun 20, 2012.

1. burfizzle

burfizzle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had my phone for a little while and recently, whenever I charge it the screen freezes. Unresponsive. The button to lock/unlock screen works but no touch screen capabilities- period. My stock USB cable broke (super lose so bad connection) so I only use my car charger. It never froze before now and I've charged in my car all the time. It's the Motorola car charger, too. I do use it in the house, ghetto rigged it using a wall converter so I can use the car charger inside. It's not pretty but it works except... the screen freezes. More annoying than anything else but does anyone know why it's started doing this? I can't help but think it can't be good for my phone and lets be honest... who has a few hundred lying around to buy a new one if this one breaks? Not I. So... weird software glitch? Bad charger? (Again.) Is it a funky problem that's here to stay?

2. nobreak1970

nobreak1970 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know...but that is definitely an interesting way of charging your phone.

3. burfizzle

burfizzle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Already had the car charger and the wall converter was lying around. It was free and I'm cheap. :)

4. gsDroid

gsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Touchscreen problems are common when not using the original adapter and cable that came with the bionic. With your jury-rigged setup now, it's hard to tell. It would be interesting to see what would happen if you had an official power adapter and cable.

5. Underwater Mike

Ratings:
    +0
    My Bionic always displays poor touch response when charging, no matter how I'm charging it. It's like it can't pack away electrons and respond at the same time. :blink:

6. gsDroid

gsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    If I use the adapter and cable that came with the bionic, my touchscreen works as well as if not plugged in. I used a 3rd party cable once and my touchscreen seemed to jump around and I couldn't really use it.

7. altspeed

altspeed Active Member

Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ditto even with the factory cable and generic 120V USB adapter. Makes touchscreen glitchy. I've always suspected AC interference getting around an inadequate regulator chip and/or insufficient shielding. Best bet is don't be cheap about your moto charger.

8. sonmax

sonmax New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi, it's seem to i have a same problem with my phone. I haven't original charger so I used samsung galaxy S2' charger and its output is 5Vdc- 1A. I often charge my phone through PC' USB and it is charged in about 3 hours but when i use samsung' charge it is fast it's about 2 hours. I just use samsung' charger less than 10 times. Problem occurs when i am zipping a file then my phone were turn off then i turn on it and touchscreen is not working I think it is a software problem, I try to hard reset and AP fastboot to original firmware 2.3.4 but no luck. Now, my phone display normally but touchscreen is still not working, I cannot find a solution. Anyone can help me !!! thanks you !

Search tags for this page
android freeze when charging
android phone freezes when charging
android phone hangs while charging
my phone freezes when i charge it

phone freezes when charging

phone freezes while charging
phone hangs while charging
phone hang when charging
when i charge my phone it freezes
why does my phone freeze when i charge it