Bionic Camera

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I just got the Bionic today. So far I love it. There are a few things about it that im not a big fan of. for instance, the camera shutter speed is horrible. it takes forever and a day to take a pic. It can be really frustrating because if you are trying to take a picture of someone or something they have to hold the pose for like 5 seconds because after pressing the button to take the pic it takes a few seconds to register and then takes the picture. I just feel that for a 300 dollar phone, the camera should be top of the line and very snappy. My sister has the iphone 4 ( which i hate ), but i would rather have her camera. It takes pics as soon as you press the button. I just think moto is really lacking on the camera.

Im not trying to hate at all. I dont like apple in any way , form or fashion, i have always had android phones. I just expected a better camera. Let me know how yall feel

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yeah, the camera speed has always been an issue on the Moto Droids. Its one thing I wish they would work on.

Its something I'll miss from the Thunderbolt. The camera on that was near instant.

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
The camera blows compared to my thunderbolt, i expected much more! I hope a update fixes it or ill return the sob.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Don't count on it. Been this way since the original Droid. But, in the end, I didn't buy it as a camera.

Import roller

Reaction score
I was using the video tonight when I was at the races, and I noticed it sometimes has issues focusing

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When I got my d3, I had the same problem along with a horrible blue tint. But since the recent leaked update, it has since solved the slow camera shutter and the blue tint is gone. So there is good reason to believe an update could very well greatly improve camera performance.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hmm maybe I just have lower standards, but all the pics I've taken with it look great. Even with my D2G, pics I printed on my HP wifi printer came out lab quality. And my OG pics although on screen looked terrible, when printed looked great.

Last edited:

tbever

Reaction score
I was playing around with it in the VZW store and shutter lag and slow focus times were something that I noticed as well. The pics seemed OK but it took awhile to fire off. It seemed that after one or sometimes two pics in a row, the shutter times got a lot faster though. I wonder if any of the other camera apps would fix this? I did not get the Bionic yet but am still considering it.

scooby101

Reaction score
I just got the Bionic today. So far I love it. There are a few things about it that im not a big fan of. for instance, the camera shutter speed is horrible. it takes forever and a day to take a pic. It can be really frustrating because if you are trying to take a picture of someone or something they have to hold the pose for like 5 seconds because after pressing the button to take the pic it takes a few seconds to register and then takes the picture. I just feel that for a 300 dollar phone, the camera should be top of the line and very snappy. My sister has the iphone 4 ( which i hate ), but i would rather have her camera. It takes pics as soon as you press the button. I just think moto is really lacking on the camera.

Im not trying to hate at all. I dont like apple in any way , form or fashion, i have always had android phones. I just expected a better camera. Let me know how yall feel

Hummm,,, Not sure why you are getting such slow shutter speed. After I read this thread I tried the camera on my bionic and it was pretty much instintanious. If it has to use the flash, it takes maybe a second or two to fire off light and snap.

steve602888

Reaction score
Does everyones camera work? I take pics then later u cant view them ? Pissed off is there a better camera app atrix phone?

Sent from my MB860 using DroidForums

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
I find that if I wait till it focuses and the box goes green, it's instant.

Last edited:

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
Check out these stupid lines in this picture its retarded how messed up it is........ Its having serious issues.