Big batteries not at all common yet. Why?

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
With the success of the Maxx by virtue of its battery primarily, why haven't other phones followed up with equally larger batteries? Like the S4. I would pay full price for a really decent upgrade in phone specs but the battery must also be larger to match IMO. Crazy good phones specs are great but don't they consume more and more power? Just some of my rambling thoughts.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The battery tech is improving and better batteries are in the pipeline but with everyone routing thinner and lighter phones that tech is quite ready yet. Next time someone advertises a slightly thicker and heavier phone it will probably have a better battery. ;):happy3:

cbreze

Reaction score
I agree batteries should be bigger and the Maxx proves it can be done while retaining the slimness of design. So, while I have no idea why not, I can say that any future phone I get must have a similar size battery as my Maxx because I'm so spoiled by excellent battery life I doubt I could put up with anything less.

Caesars

Reaction score
Loved my Maxx, loved my note 2- the next time I get an android, I won't even consider a phone with <3kmah battery.

Galaxy note 2 + iPhone 5