Best version of GB to run (rooted)

polish23

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been posted, but if it has can someone point me in the right direction..... What is the best ROM/Kernel of GB to run on my soon to be rooted Thunderbolt. Basically, looking to improve batterl life and enjoy this phone to its full extent.

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
You're going to get a lot of different answers to this because everyone's phone is a little different with these combo's, IMO. I took the OTA and have had only a few reboots. Others took the OTA and started looking to get rid of the phone because the reboots were so bad. It's the same thing with roms/ kernels. Everyone has their own taste in ROMS and every phone is a little different in what ROM/Kernel gets the best results. My advice to you is to try a couple different combo's out and find out what you and your phone like. I'm about to give Gingeritus a go with Imoseyon's GB lean kernel in hopes that my phone will like that combo. I'm on Thunderrom right now with Aderlyne (sp) Control Freak 2.0 kernel and it's working flawlessly. Cheers to the dev community for giving us so many options.

OP
P

polish23

Reaction score
You're going to get a lot of different answers to this because everyone's phone is a little different with these combo's, IMO. I took the OTA and have had only a few reboots. Others took the OTA and started looking to get rid of the phone because the reboots were so bad. It's the same thing with roms/ kernels. Everyone has their own taste in ROMS and every phone is a little different in what ROM/Kernel gets the best results. My advice to you is to try a couple different combo's out and find out what you and your phone like. I'm about to give Gingeritus a go with Imoseyon's GB lean kernel in hopes that my phone will like that combo. I'm on Thunderrom right now with Aderlyne (sp) Control Freak 2.0 kernel and it's working flawlessly. Cheers to the dev community for giving us so many options.

Thanks for the quick response! It's definitely appreciated I will try out a few roms and kernels to see which will work best for my use, which is mainly browsing downloading and occasionally streaming videos and I almost forgot listening to music