Best tethering app?

Reaction score
If your computer has bluetooth you can use PDAnet, it also supports USB if you don't.

Otherwise unless you root, you won't get the wifi connection you're looking for.

HamDog

Reaction score
I'm using PDAnet. I've been using it for several months and it has worked great with my 2.2 update.

HOWEVER, don't plan on connecting via bluetooth. Although it works, the connection sucks. It's EXTREMELY slow and loses it's connection often. It works without a flaw using the USB cable.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I believe the free version blocks some web sites, not sure which ones, The documentation from the market should tell you it's limitations.

Ron W.

Jimbo47

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I believe the free version blocks some web sites, not sure which ones, The documentation from the market should tell you it's limitations.

Ron W.

The free version blocks HTTPS, not HTTP. So if you are just planning on using it for general browsing, and not making any online purchases (since that's usually the only case you would find an HTTPS connection), it shouldn't be a problem.

USB connection and Bluetooth works great for me, but I use the bluetooth more.

shahr

Reaction score
Why don't you use Easytether. It's only via USB. But it costs only $9.99 vs. $29.99 for PDAnet.

mattieo27

Reaction score
easy tether works well for browsing but videos streamed over the web are extremely laggy and the free version blocks https sites also. if you install APKtorfrom the market, you can from there download the full version for free if you allow the instalation of non market apps.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
:blackberry:
i also forgot to add easy tether doesn,t work with 64 bit systems.

Windows 7 here, so Easy Tether is out.

PDAnet seems great, liking the SMS function, except it doesn't post my message to my phone...

I did have some weird problem, after trying to use it second day after first use, it wouldn't work, had to reinstall to my laptop, then it worked. Not sure why it did that, has worked fine since.

OP
P

portermac

Reaction score
Ok, so I made up my mind. I think I will join the dark side and root. I have been contemplating it for about 4 months now and haven't because I have a mac. Now with easy root it shouldn't be a problem. You magicians with the forum, could you lead me to the post that steps me through the easy root way to root. I'd also like to overclock. Thanks for all the help, you guys are always there for guidance. Hopefully I can get good enough to help others one day.