best screen protector and hard case

njjayt82

Reaction score
ive had my Droid now for a month and was wondering what is the best screen protector to use on the droid2 and whats the best hard case to use as well

Canadroid

Reaction score
I've been looking around on this myself....To be honest I really don't WANT to be installing a new skin protector every few weeks.

If I get anything it will probably be these based on the D1 reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechSkin-Protector-Motorola-...

Totally unsure on the hard case. I want to use car and media docks so the options seem a little limited there. I've read that the VZW car dock is one of the better options, but Seidio I believe actually makes docks that fit their cases.

Right now I'm using a total cheese $10 upright generic cradle I found at autozone, no charging integrated but keeps it where I can see it.

OP
N

njjayt82

Reaction score
yeah i feel you on that one and i dont have the best luck with screen protectors i can never put them on the right way and then i get air bubbles and such and it irks me but ill give that a look. thanks :)

gohoosiers

Reaction score

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
The D2 comes with the best screen protector installed - it's called Gorilla Glass.

I dropped my D1 purchased last November about 10 times, almost all on concrete and asphalt.

Zero scratches, nicks, dings...nada....nuthin on the screen. Now the metal case was another thing - lots of dings and scratches and dents, but the screen - perfecto.

Partly due to the Droid design where the screen is just slightly recessed below the edge of the case around it, and mostly due to the amazing Gorilla Glass. :)

D1/D2 are the first phones I've ever had w/out a screen protector, and never will use one on them.

txter

Reaction score
really...this is Gorilla Glass?... i dont live far from where they make it. that stuff is insane. i didnt know thats what moto used on the D2.
where did you read this or how do you know?

gohoosiers

Reaction score
"The D2 comes with the best screen protector installed - it's called Gorilla Glass."

That's interesting and something I did not know. Googled it real quick and checked it out. Makes me mad that the Verizon store sold me a pack of flimsy screen protectors for $20.

Canadroid

Reaction score
The D2 comes with the best screen protector installed - it's called Gorilla Glass.

I dropped my D1 purchased last November about 10 times, almost all on concrete and asphalt.

Zero scratches, nicks, dings...nada....nuthin on the screen. Now the metal case was another thing - lots of dings and scratches and dents, but the screen - perfecto.

Partly due to the Droid design where the screen is just slightly recessed below the edge of the case around it, and mostly due to the amazing Gorilla Glass. :)

D1/D2 are the first phones I've ever had w/out a screen protector, and never will use one on them.

I'd read that this was the glass being used but had no idea it was THAT stout--WOW.

All those busted and shattered D1's on Ebay--were they using them to deflect bullets over in the sandbox?? :D

OP
N

njjayt82

Reaction score
thats cool i guess i dont have to go and get a screen protector now but i sure do want to get a hard case for it...

Last edited:
OP
N

njjayt82

Reaction score
im even soo bold ( and crazy) to try to damage the screen lol but i think my logical side will prevail and i wont go Kamikaze on my phone lol