Best Guitar Apps...

billyk

Reaction score
Hey,
What is the best, most accurate and usable guitar tuner for the Droid?

What are the other "must-use" apps for guitarists?

Thanks!!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Gstring is probably the best tuner I've tried. Solo is fun to play around with for a little while. You can select chords and strum or pick. Haven't really messed with many more than that...Kinda lacking....

carydad

Reaction score
Tabdroid. Allows you to play guitarpro tabs on the little droid. Pretty cool stuff.

UggTheThug

Reaction score
Gstring is probably the best tuner I've tried. Solo is fun to play around with for a little while. You can select chords and strum or pick. Haven't really messed with many more than that...Kinda lacking....

i agree gstring is my fav tuner, it even has autotune function if u r not quite sure

as for other programs, i like g-tar it has every root note chord (A B C D E F G and A#/Bb C#/Db... well u get the picture) from maj all the way down to m7b5 and even has sample songs to try, only thing i cant find is split chords but go ahead and try for yoself

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I think Solo would go from a very boring app to a very cool app if they would just animate the strings.

Thanks for recommending TabDroid, downloading that now.

K

killabyte

@carydad - thanks for sharing that info dude. awesome app to have.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Great feedback so far. Thanks!

Gadgetguitar

Reaction score
I sent an e-mail to Peterson support to make the Strobe Tuner app for iPhone for Android. Wish they would get that going! Also, would like the PRS app for iPhone.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Looks like I've got some downloading to do!

Thanks!!

Reaction score
I don't like Tabdroid at all. Funny how something some people like is not appreciated at all by others :)

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
I am not really interested in tab software - but an accurate tuner and metronome is a must.

GStrings looks like a best-in-class tuner with lots of good reviews.

It looks like mixed reviews on metronomes. Apparently, metronome software lags and skips as the Droid does background operations. Any solid metronome apps out there?

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I think Solo would go from a very boring app to a very cool app if they would just animate the strings.

Thanks for recommending TabDroid, downloading that now.

I had to bump this thread and quote my own message because like 24 hours after I posted the above, they had an update to Solo and now the strings are animated. I appreciate the fact that he/she/they did that for a free app. Pretty cool of them. Thank you, Solo creators.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah +1 on gStrings!!

That's probably the most accurate tuner I've tried so far