1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Best EPUB reader on XOOM?

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by xier, Mar 3, 2011.

1. xier

xier New Member

Anyone reading EPUB's on their XOOM? What is the best reader. I'd like to be able to use the same reader on a Droid X and the XOOM - similar to how I do with IBooks on Iphone4 and Ipad.
  2. WillC

WillC New Member

You might want to give the Nook app a try. It allows you to side load ePub files. I use it on my DX and on the Xoom.
  3. Numsi

Numsi New Member

I use Aldiko on my X and just installed it on the XOOM. I had to adjust the margins a little but its working good so far.
  4. xier

xier New Member

Nice - how do you side load the epubs?

5. WillC

WillC New Member

6. xier

xier New Member

Nice - I was able to load Epub's - and access them in the My Files section of Nook on my DroidX. Is there a way to sync pages between the app on the X and the XOOM - Like Ibooks does?

7. ArrTooDeeToo

ArrTooDeeToo New Member

I can't seem to find the NOOK folder on my XOOM on my computer.
  8. WillC

WillC New Member

Hi xier
    Content downloaded from B&N will be synched between the two devices but side loaded documents won't.
  9. WillC

WillC New Member

Should be located in My Computer\Xoom\Device Storage.
    Once you are in the Device Storage directory you should see the Nook folder.
    Inside the Nook folder is a My Documents folder, place your ePub files there.
  10. xier

xier New Member

Will - thanks for the info. I need the sideload syncing. It seemed that some times it would sync but not consistently. I am leaning towards the Kindle App since it will support mobi and I can convert my Epub's. I'm going to give it a try if my XOOMS arrive - On Fedex truck for delivery Today.

11. kennyc

kennyc New Member

This ... or FBReader
  12. Techsniffer

Techsniffer New Member

I love Aldiko on my D1, but I cant get it to work to import my epubs without FC, anyoen know how to make this work because doesnt seem Aldiko is in a hurry to update with 3.0 support
  13. kennyc

kennyc New Member

How are you trying to do it? what's FC?

I just rechecked ... all you have to do is go to Home screen, click on SD card and navigate to the book you want to import.....viola!

Interesting though, it does not show up in the Shelf view, but does in the list view. Hmmm... Seems a bug to me.

Hmm, Now after I opened it, it is showing up on the bookshelf as well as in the list. ....
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  14. Techsniffer

Techsniffer New Member

Trying to import my epubs, it looks for an SD card thats not there (not yet working on the Xoom) then it FC's (force closes)
  15. kennyc

kennyc New Member

Hmm, that's not what happens on mine. I choose sdcard from the home menu and it lets me browse the directories and find the book.

Do you have the latest version? (mine says 2.0) You're not rooted or something are you?
  16. difussion3

difussion3 New Member

Hi everyone...

I am still very confused on how to read sideloaded ebooks on my Motorola Xoom. I've done much research but can't seem to figure out how to do it. I've read some people saying to use the Nook app for sideloading. When I connect my Xoom to my cpu and try dragging an epub file into my storage device under nook/my documents, it says this "...file type is not supported on this device..." my only options are to skip, skip all, and cancel. What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to buy an SD card and load them on there? I thought there was no SD card support as of yet.

I really want to read sideloaded ebooks on my Xoom, but I'm getting frustrated! Please help.

Thanks in advance.
  17. kennyc

kennyc New Member

Well, I don't know about nook (I have it and it works great with my B&N purchases [prior to Xoom]).

I use Aldiko to read "generic" epubs. I'd advise downloading it.
    With it you still have to 'import' the books but it's straight-forward.

Copy the (non-drm'd) epubs to your Xoom. Then in the Aldiko app "Home"/"SDCard" navigate to the books and select/import them.
    (you can then delete them from the original directory I believe if you want).
  18. xier

xier New Member

For the Nook App -

Simply connect your xoom to your computer -- browse the XOOM and you will see a NOOK folder at the top level. Inside Nook folder you will see MyDocuments -- Drag your Non DRM'd EPUB's into that folder. Open up the Nook app on your xoom and you will see them in "Library".

Perhaps you are trying to drag DRM'd Epub's? Try to drag a .txt file to see if it will allow you to drag anything.

QUOTE=difussion3;1384549]Hi everyone...

I am still very confused on how to read sideloaded ebooks on my Motorola Xoom. I've done much research but can't seem to figure out how to do it. I've read some people saying to use the Nook app for sideloading. When I connect my Xoom to my cpu and try dragging an epub file into my storage device under nook/my documents, it says this "...file type is not supported on this device..." my only options are to skip, skip all, and cancel. What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to buy an SD card and load them on there? I thought there was no SD card support as of yet.

I really want to read sideloaded ebooks on my Xoom, but I'm getting frustrated! Please help.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
  19. kennyc

kennyc New Member

Oh really. I saw that folder when I was looking earlier, but didn't try that. Will right now....

Wow, yep! Works like a champ! Shows up in "My Files" rather than Library, but that's fine by me. :)

Thank you!
  20. xier

xier New Member

Sorry - I meant to say My Files. Overall I really like the NOOK's reading experience over the Kindle app - just wish it did wispersync for non purchased Nook content.
Search tags for this page
best reader for xoom
can xoom read epub
can you read epub books on a motorola xoom
epub file reader android

epub motorola xoom

epub reader for motorola xoom

epub reader xoom

how to open epub files on motorola xoom
how to put epub on motorola zoom

how to read epub on xoom

motorola xoom epub