Best Email app...

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod - D2' started by havens1515, Jul 6, 2011.

1. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I hate to say it... but I miss the blur messaging app. I was able to put all of my email accounts into that one app, and it would notify me when I had a new email in any of the accounts.

I downloaded k-9 mail, and I am able to link it to multiple accounts, but it doesn't ever seem to get my new mail unless I force it to. Any suggestions for an app to watch multiple email accounts?

I have 3 Yahoo accounts - 1 personal, 1 that I forward my GroupWise work mail to, and 1 for a team that I coach - and gmail.

Also - any way to get my GroupWise mail straight to my phone? That would eliminate one of those accounts.

I don't mind using the official gmail app, but the official Yahoo app will only do 1 account, so I can't use that for all 3 accounts.

2. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    It's $10, but Enhanced Email might do what you need...also adds search capabilities that the stock email app sadly lacks.

There's a trial version on the developer's web site - should be a link from the Market entry.

I miss the Blur email app as well, for exchange accounts it is far superior to the stock AOSP email app, unfortunately.

3. daggar

daggar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    K9 can auto-check accounts. If you still have it, open it up and hit the menu button, then "more > settings > account settings > Fetching Mail" and look for "Folder Poll Frequency." Set that to what you like, and it will auto-check the emails for you.

I think you have to do that for every account separately, unfortunately.

K9 has a lot of settings, which can be a pain, but it is capable of handling just about every use case you throw at it.

4. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome, thank you! Even with your instructions it took me a while to do it. You have to be within a specific account in order to get the correct menu to get there. I was in the global message box, so I didn't get the same menus. I did figure it out though, and I set it to poll every 30 minutes for each of my accounts. (Had to set each one separately :/)

Thank you very much for the info! Saved me from spending $10 on that other app! (I hate buying apps, especially when there's plenty of free alternatives!)

5. daggar

daggar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad it worked for you. K9's settings pages are a mess, but that's true with any full-featured mail program I've ever used- on PC, Mac or Phone. Someone needs to make a mail app with tags and search engine dedicated entirely to the damned settings pages.

6. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha yeah, problem is that there are different settings for each individual screen. There should be one settings page, where you can change settings for the entire app. Well, now I know. Thanks again!

7. tnygigles66

tnygigles66 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand. You can't use the email app that cam with cm7 for three yahoo accounts?

8. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Good question...The stock AOSP email app has a unified inbox, separate account in boxes, and allows for multiple accounts.

I assumed he had tried it and it didn't work w/his Yahoo accounts for some reason...Yahoo seems so 1990. ;-)

9. tnygigles66

tnygigles66 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, I know. I use them for my junk emails. (if i have to sign up for something like this sight)

I have two yahoo accounts and prefer the aosp over any other email app, but i know the blur app also has text, facebook, twitter, and whatever else you might have.

10. ShiftyEyedGoat

ShiftyEyedGoat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Blur email app is superior to me in that it always displays the next/prev arrows. The AOSP app only shows it at top and when you're in landscape mode it doesn't show it at all. I'm sorry but I use this for my work Exchange email and can't stand losing that functionality.

11. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha it's funny you say that, because I got my first Yahoo account in about 1999, before gmail and so many others. I've just stuck with it for my other accounts b/c I'm so used to it.

I had tried the stock one once before, and I couldn't get it to let me add multiple accounts. Maybe I did something wrong, idk. K-9 is fine though, now that I have it getting mail every 30 mins. Now that I figured that out, it seems to actually work better than the blur app for getting my mail!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

12. tnygigles66

tnygigles66 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fter you load your first account tap menu, accounts, menu, add account. Then you can add accounts. I have two on mine.

I'm relatively sure since cm7 is aosp that the blur email would break stuff, but i think a few may make a blurred cm7 rom.

13. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'd love CM7 w:

- Blur email/calendar
    - Blur alarm
    - Blur social networking

But those are probably tied into Blur contacts and dialer, and all sorts of supporting libraries, so it's a potentially big hill to climb to make that happen.

Search tags for this page
cm7.2 better email app
cyanogenmod email

cyanogenmod email app

cyanogenmod email client
cyanogenmod mail app
cyanogenmod mail client
email client cyanogenmod
galaxy s4 email unified box
gmail app alternative cm7
mail client cm7.2