Best D2G Rom?

Kasey923

Reaction score
I know this question has been asked a lot, but I'm looking for a rom for my wife's Global.
She runs a social media company, so usage is heavy.
She's currently on Fission, which is my fault. I got Liberty on my X and didn't realize it wasn't Global compatible. So we panicked and Fission was the first working rom I stumbled across.
Now she's having battery issues, and it's very slow compared to my X. So we're trying to find a better rom. We like what we've heard about heXen and Angel, but she's very concerned about bugs and issues.

Any good suggestions?

Droid X Justice

stillwaiting

Reaction score
CM7!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

greatest rom for D2G out there
If you wanted to put liberty on hers then you could use the GET R DONE mod. I've done that and it works very well.

Sent from my cyanogened 7 Droid 2 Global.

Last edited:
OP
Kasey923

Kasey923

Reaction score
Why about the camera issues with cm7. I've been reading about it but haven't come across a fix yet.

Droid X Justice

Reaction score
Fission is a great ROM, and runs very well with almost no lag, and excellent battery life. If you're having different results, I suggest you figure out where the problem lies before switching ROMs, or you'll run into the same issues.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You could also try hexen or the slightly outdated (but still fully functional) fenom rom. Cm7 affords less battery than those two though, do be warned. The first two are generally bug-free.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

OP
Kasey923

Kasey923

Reaction score
Couldn't find any app that was killing the battery, and her phone never really improved as much as it could by flashing Fission. We're trying heXen tonight to see if that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Kasey923

Kasey923

Reaction score
We decided to just try them. I read on the boards here that heXen tended to be more stable, so true or not that's where we started.
Flashed heXen last night, and so far she's loving it. Been off the charger for about 6 hours and has only dropped to 70%.
If she's feeling adventurous, next weekend we'll switch to Angel and see how that works.

Also, the camera issue is a big one, since we love to take pictures of our son.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums