diff d2g roms..whats the point...

gsdreams

Reaction score
Ill probly be dead before gb is released....if not, ill for sure have a new phone by then...my d2g has been giving me nothin but problems as of recent

99.9% of the time be it game system, handheld, laptop, cell phone or whatever it is always user error. The other .1% its bad hardware, lol.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Actually on these phones I would say 50% of the time the problem is software and of that 50% I would say that 50% of that is bad settings stored in the google acct.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

satoru

Reaction score
Ill probly be dead before gb is released....if not, ill for sure have a new phone by then...my d2g has been giving me nothin but problems as of recent

99.9% of the time be it game system, handheld, laptop, cell phone or whatever it is always user error. The other .1% its bad hardware, lol.

Actually on these phones I would say 50% of the time the problem is software and of that 50% I would say that 50% of that is bad settings stored in the google acct.

Not sure about that I have yet to have even one slight problem with anything on this phone. I have flash every rom except liberty. Fenom is best as of now, imo, to each his own tho. In my life from what I see not on just smart phones but in everything its always user error if not just damaged hardware, biological as well lol.

OP
C

chrisl20

Reaction score
@satoru...yah, so all of the ppl in these forums that have had the same problems as me..shaky screen, no volume on earpiece(when its up all the way volume wize) and no sound from speaker..allllll of us r just re-re's that somehow messed our phones up so it has errors on stock setup, but...as soon as u put fission or another rom, the problems r alleviated...yah...definitely user error

willsev85

Reaction score
So neone knw how soon us d2g users are goin to get the ginger bread update? Or leak I should say lol. And if its out aleardy where can we get itand how can we get our hands on it and will we need a pc to "install" it to the phone?

kickyindahead

Reaction score
@satoru...yah, so all of the ppl in these forums that have had the same problems as me..shaky screen, no volume on earpiece(when its up all the way volume wize) and no sound from speaker..allllll of us r just re-re's that somehow messed our phones up so it has errors on stock setup, but...as soon as u put fission or another rom, the problems r alleviated...yah...definitely user error

hahaha .. re-re's... LOL

satoru

Reaction score

If you are having those problems on stock then there is something wrong. Stock gave me 0 issues. Fission had lots of random bugs, so I went back to stock, tried out some other stuff and waited for fenom to be updated. If you can get a list of these things that were wrong on stock and a buch of people that produced the exact same results then do that and take your results to moto. It looks like updates are released every 6 months. So gb should be soon but its all up to when they want it to be released, not much anyone can do other than wait. Again, I have never had any problems with my d2g on any rom, fission was buggy but that is to be expected as there was only one release for the d2g it and nothing else. I am sure, but cant say as I do not have one, that it runs much smoother on the d2 as that is what it was built for. In life you will come to realize what I have said. User error is majority of every problem. Not just for cell phones but for everything.
Lol and the re-re is my cat.

OP
C

chrisl20

Reaction score
...there was 2 releases for fission on d2g...in the rom manager there is an update for it....an olllld one..but still an update...and its what I run now...no bugs...and you can read annnyyywwwhhherrree on here or androidforums or xda about people having stock issues....funny that putting a different aftermarket rom on it fixes it... ..but, then again...what do I know...im just some guy...and it just so happens..the other guy is always right when it comes to a disagreement... and by that, I mean the other just thinks, that they r right....but, like I said...what do I know...I just sit and read forums when im not working

gsdreams

Reaction score
...there was 2 releases for fission on d2g...in the rom manager there is an update for it....an olllld one..but still an update...and its what I run now...no bugs...and you can read annnyyywwwhhherrree on here or androidforums or xda about people having stock issues....funny that putting a different aftermarket rom on it fixes it... ..but, then again...what do I know...im just some guy...and it just so happens..the other guy is always right when it comes to a disagreement... and by that, I mean the other just thinks, that they r right....but, like I said...what do I know...I just sit and read forums when im not working

I don't rom my phone and have zero issues with it.

Asphyx

Reaction score
If you are having those problems on stock then there is something wrong. Stock gave me 0 issues.

Well how could it have issues when it's on the charger every three hours! LOL

There is not one bug that I have found in Fission.
But then again I also don't flash and restore a nandroid a week like others do. Or mess with D2 Roms who do god knows what to the unit because it's meant for another piece of hardware...

Only knock on Fission is it doesn't update as often as the others...
I'm happy to see the guys who are releasing REAL D2G roms...
Will try them all out when the use of my phone is not important to me.

But with Fission the damn thing just works! And I get close to 24 Hrs of use on a charge now that all Moto Blotto Blur is purged from the system!

satoru

Reaction score

You need a life.

OP
C

chrisl20

Reaction score
Lol...I own my own restaurant and bar...I have more of a life than ull ever know...don't get too butt-hurt over something so trivial

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
others do. Or mess with D2 Roms who do god knows what to the unit because it's meant for another piece of hardware...
Well for one you realize the d2 and d2g are the same aside from the quadband radio and cpu right? This is why we have the romer tool. It converts the droid 2 specific items to d2g specific and work just as stable as the D2G roms. It lacks sensors but otherwise.its solid atleast liberty is. If you can get by with out sensors for games and such your good to go!

satoru

Reaction score
others do. Or mess with D2 Roms who do god knows what to the unit because it's meant for another piece of hardware...
Well for one you realize the d2 and d2g are the same aside from the quadband radio and cpu right? This is why we have the romer tool. It converts the droid 2 specific items to d2g specific and work just as stable as the D2G roms. It lacks sensors but otherwise.its solid atleast liberty is. If you can get by with out sensors for games and such your good to go!

It was stupid Imo that they did d2/g like they did.

OP
C

chrisl20

Reaction score
I agree completely....but, I think they did it the way they did so they would throw a wrench in the aftermarket developing...which...so far..id say they have mildly succeeded

satoru

Reaction score
I agree completely....but, I think they did it the way they did so they would throw a wrench in the aftermarket developing...which...so far..id say they have mildly succeeded

Indeed. More money in 2 devices