Best camera/camcorder app.

cmcguffee

Reaction score
What's the best camera and camcorder app for bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Camera Zoom FX is one of the top choices, but there are others. Both Vignette and Camera 360 has followers, but if you want fun pictures then Paper Camera is good. If you do mainly landscapes and still photos, there are HDR apps like HDR Camera+. It takes 4 pictures (over and underexposed) and does a composite. Of course, the problem with that is if it's a moving image it won't work.

You can try different ones and the paid versions you can get a refund within 15 minutes. You should be able to take some sample pictures during that time.

That being said, I'm using stock more than anything.

Last edited:

zirkdog

Reaction score
Camera Zoom FX got a lot of recommendations when I was looking for a new camera app a few months back. Watch the Google Play Store for sales if you have time to wait. I picked it up for $0.25 during the "one jillion apps" sale. It has shown up several times at a dollar or two off since then.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
ICS+ Camera is really badass. Better then camera Xoom fx imo.

Sent from my AKOP ICS Bionic

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
Thanks guys and its mostly for really clear pictures of drumming/with friends. The camcorder is for recording those same things. I guess one more thing would be how's the audio pick up on those?

floyd

Reaction score
Agree camera zoom is a nice improvement. Instagram is kinda fun, but the EULA is bad.

xmguy

Reaction score
Thanks guys and its mostly for really clear pictures of drumming/with friends. The camcorder is for recording those same things. I guess one more thing would be how's the audio pick up on those?

Use the stock app. I too use my RAZR and Bionic to record cover songs to YouTube with my guitar and vocals in the video. Video quality is OK. Audio is great! Its in stereo and has clipping protection.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

OP
cmcguffee

cmcguffee

Reaction score
Thanks xmguy.

sfcascooter

Reaction score
Another vote for ICS+

I used Camera Zoom FX for months -- but ICS+ is quicker in my opinion and better quality pix to boot.

Reaction score
I have to agree with the user above. I compared ICS+ and Camera Zoom FX with a piece of furniture I had and FX's photo was semi-blurish and low quality. ICS+ looked more stable and more brighter. Not to mention I used Camera Zoom's Stable Shot feature and ICS+ has no stable shot option.