best browser for droid

OP
pyrofreak

pyrofreak

Reaction score
Oh my God Firefox and android will be unstoppable any idea when they're gonna release it?

fishepa

Reaction score
I use the stock browser. I tried Dolphin but didn't really like it.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I loved xScope for about an hour. If it was a bit more polished then I would use it every day. The stock browser is still the fastest, it just really needs pinch-to-zoom. Never tried Dolphin, but it sounds like a lukewarm reception here, so I will stick to stock for now.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Outside of not having pinch n zoom I kinda like the stock browser. Waiting anxiously for Fennec though. Hoping there will be the ability to sync it with my Firefox bookmarks.

LakeMountD

Reaction score
Yeah I used Dolphin for quite a while, then switched to xscope. It definitely isn't polished but it is pretty damn quick. I liked the way dolphin operated and such but there was some annoyances as well! It was definitely slow, it never had a start page, refresh/stop buttons were awkward, and some other things. Stock browser is good minus pinch zoom which is huge for me and it doesn't resize well. One reason I am still using xscope is because it auto-resizes perfectly. I would never pay for xscope though, not polished enough and not feature rich enough to pay for. Also, I won't buy much of anything until I test the new 2.1 platform.

dbronstein

Reaction score
I like the stock browser but I use Dolphin for a lot of sites because I can set it to desktop mode and get the full sites. I hate getting mobile sites, especially the ones that don't give you the option to get to the full site. The biggest advantage of the Droid is the screen and it's really annoying the stock browser doesn't let you take full advantage of it.

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
Bring on Firefox but ONLY if it can use this:

Adblock Plus: Save your time and traffic

The BEST add-on ever created. :)

Whenever I have to use IE, or a computer without ABP I'm always amazed at how many ads are on the pages that I frequent. To the point where seeing all of them looks strange to me.

Back to our regularly scheduled discussion on Adroid browsers.

Just installed Dolphin and I like it so far. Seems slower than stock but has some better features.

Last edited:

orion2001

Reaction score
I'm so torn between Dolphin and the Stock browser. I've switched back and forth between them thrice now! I love tabs and a whole lot of other things about Dolphin but the thing that annoys me is that it seems to reset the page zoom every time you load a new page and since it doesn't have the simple double tap to zoom functionality of the stock browser it takes more work via pinching to get the right zoom level and align the text in your screen.

Anyone know if it is possible to get the stock browser double tap zoom feature in Dolphin? If I had that, I'd switch in a heartbeat. As it stands though, I think I'm going to stay with the stock browser. It also seems to feature autocomplete in the keyboard entry forms in a lot of places where dolphin doesn't provide it.

Pinch zoom is nice, but I am realizing more and more that it is honestly a bit gimicky and less functional for a browser. I'll take a simple one finger double-tap any day of the week.