Beautiful Widgets Weather: I wish it were true

Car

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, if this app is installed to your SD card by default, you will have problems with it, I did. Moving the app back to phone made everything work perfect. Double check where yours is installed. Good luck...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, if this app is installed to your SD card by default, you will have problems with it, I did. Moving the app back to phone made everything work perfect. Double check where yours is installed. Good luck...

Just for the heck of it I'd thought I'd move mine back to the phone. Caused my Droid to restart.

Anyway I had problems with Geo location and the app completely disappeared off my screens and in my widgets. There was another update this morning, we will see. At least the dev is trying to work with it.

Beardface

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm still having problems with the clock even after applying the most recent update. I have 2 instances running (the big one on the homescreens, the smaller on WidgetLocker) and one is always frozen while the other updates. Sometimes they both work, but its only for a short time before one freezes up. I'm going to hold out hope that Froyo fixes the problem, but I'm not too confident it will.

justinevan88

Reaction score
I'm having weather update problems still. Geolocation just refuses to update but when I put in my location, it will a few times then stop for awhile.

Car

Reaction score

Just for the heck of it I'd thought I'd move mine back to the phone. Caused my Droid to restart.

Anyway I had problems with Geo location and the app completely disappeared off my screens and in my widgets. There was another update this morning, we will see. At least the dev is trying to work with it.

That's exactly the problem I had. My widget would vanish off my home screen and was not in my list of optional widgets. This was resolved moving the app back to the phone.

The Rick

Reaction score
I really miss having this app work properly. I have a droidX and it appears that the weather is better but the clock sync is terrible. After about 30-60 mins, it just stops updating the time. I'm on the newest update offered 3.03

It's working properly. Did you do as the dev suggested and delete and reinstall BW? If not, then do that and it should work just fine.

I have but I'll give it another try. Maybe I missed an uninstall between .02 and .03 (I know i've deleted and reinstalled at least twice). I hope it works, I love this app :icon_ banana:
I think i got it around 1.3

I'm very happy to report that mine is back to working good :icon_ banana:
It did take a few uninstalls/updates/reinstalls to get it working out but I'm just glad its back :heart:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're rooted and you have it on your SD card move it back to the phone. It's a widget so it shouldn't be on the SD card.

After reinstall and pushing it back to my phone off the SD card, no more issues.

Big Lou

Reaction score
+1 on moving back to phone storage... fixed everything.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Is this correct???We have to pay for every update that is sent out?

The app store is a one-time-pay situation. No matter how many updates are released, once you have paid for the app, you will no longer need to pay for anything else.

However, some developers have free or "lite" versions that they may no longer support once they've gotten to a certain point with their app. At that time, you may want to invest in the full version.