Battery

pirate72

Reaction score
Best app to boost my battery??? ...my battery life is terrible!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Droid overclock app. Download it from the market and you can underclock your phone. By doing this you send less volts to your phone saving a tremendous amount of battery life.
This is the only app I use and I literally get 1.5 days out of it with HEAVY use. I suggest it 100%.

Sent from my DROIDX

jellybean420

Reaction score
Ultimate juice from the market. Its worth the money. I get to many random reboots with the droid overclocker app. Also if you underclock it, it slows the phone down too much. Just my .02¢

HayWire

Reaction score
+1 on ultimate juice. I also consider an extended.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 on juice defender (also buying the paid version is not a bad idea)

+1 on Jrummy's droid overclock app (Overclocking and underclocking and also switching to lower voltages can help)

+1 on Extended controls. Its a really good app for power management and toggle switch managment

dannyro

Reaction score
I dont think you need an app. Do a couple of things from within your phone:

1) Turn on, in data manager-data delivery-social applications- and check the box that says "sync over wi-fi only." Even if you use facebook or twitter, (I use facebook) I havent seen any problems with this setting at all, and I almost never use wi-fi. I cant tell you how much that has improved my batter life- tenfold maybe? It's amazing.

2) turn off or uninstall antivirus apps and task killers-as many people have mentioned on these forums they are not needed and are battery wasters.

You should see a big difference. I did.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) Turn on, in data manager-data delivery-social applications- and check the box that says "sync over wi-fi only." Even if you use facebook or twitter, (I use facebook) I havent seen any problems with this setting at all, and I almost never use wi-fi. I cant tell you how much that has improved my batter life- tenfold maybe? It's amazing.

Good info and yes task killers are simply just take up battery. The Android OS already manages its own memory. Pretty nice feature of the OS.

tj1772

Reaction score
Under location and security uncheck all three. Especially, "use wireless networks". Turn them on when you need. The phone will prompt you. Just don't forget to turn them off when you're done.