Battery temps

RVC

Reaction score
What is the max allowable battery temp for the Rezound? I was playing with mine last night and it got up to 114°. That seems kind of high to me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
It's not. It'd have to get to 140 F+ before you would need to really worry about putting it down to cool off. Even then it'd still really be fine.

dolpns13

Reaction score
It's not. It'd have to get to 140 F+ before you would need to really worry about putting it down to cool off. Even then it'd still really be fine.

140? How do you even hold it in your hand that hot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
That's not the external temperature of the phone... :facepalm:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My battery hit 131 the other night. The screen and back felt warm but not hot. I used to use the cpu and battery areas of my Omnia as a hand warmer in cold weather :)

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
OK that sounds reasonable. Its just that my phone feels pretty warm in my hands when I play games for an extended amount of time. Its not hot but its warmer than my Tbolt ever got.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

acousticshade

Reaction score
I've hit 114 on a few occasions while running Pandora, playing parallel kingdoms and charging it using a wall charger. I'd be concerned if you were getting it up over 130.

It's not great for the battery life if you continue to run the phone hot all the time, but if you spike it a few times a week, it probably won't make a huge amount of difference. It's also better if you bump charge the phone regularly and don't let the battery go down to nothing and recharge it (except for 3 or 4 times when you first get the phone).