Tether with temp root?

bvjens31

Reaction score
Has anyone had success with tethering yet? Either wifi or usb? I'm thinking of switching to the nexus since it will have a better shot of getting wifi tether unlocked before the rezound. I tried temp root a few weeks ago and was able to freeze bloat, but no-go on tether. Just seeing if anything has changed. I love my Rezound and don't wanna give up on it! :-(

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just bit the bullet and paid for PDANet, since I'm too impatient to wait for root...

OP
bvjens31

bvjens31

Reaction score
I just bit the bullet and paid for PDANet, since I'm too impatient to wait for root...

So that's usb tether right? Did you have to temp root or did it just work? I'm seeing that easy tether may work also but still waiting until I get more proof. Usb tether would be more than fine. I wish it just came built in like it used to on older druids. I'm pretty sure that wifi tether is still a ways off for the rezound but would happily use usb tether if there was a way. Better option than selling my Rezound on craigslist and paying out the @ss for a new nexus at retail price.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
bvjens31

bvjens31

Reaction score
EastTether FTW!

So I just got my phone and laptop setup with EastTether (trial for now, but will def buy it) and I'm finally back on the interwebz! Not having wifi tether is not a huge deal anymore, since I can just USB tether. I also found another post that showed me how to force my phone to always be in LTE. Since my data connection always dropped to CDMA for no reason, even though I'm in an LTE zone. Now that I can force LTE only, I can tether without dropping connection at all and I'm a very happy camper. FYI, if anyone else wants to know how to force LTE only, just go to your phone and dial *#*#4636#*#*
On the last *, you will be taken to some sort of hidden submenu of your phone. Just go to Phone Information and choose LTE mode w/voice. It works great and I haven't dropped data network yet!! Props to TheSurgeonGeneral for sharing that tip! Only caveat with this is that make sure to change it back to CDMA + LTE when you are done using tether, as leaving phone in LTE mode will obviously kill your battery, and chew up more data.

Now, off to temp root for one last time and freeze all the bloat!! :D

Hsunami

Reaction score
so bvjens with that Easttether we can use the data from our phones without having to subscribe to that mobile plan from VZW right?

OP
bvjens31

bvjens31

Reaction score
so bvjens with that Easttether we can use the data from our phones without having to subscribe to that mobile plan from VZW right?

Yes, that is correct. Easy Tether (or PDANet) allows us to do USB tether (not wifi) without having to purchase the mobile hotspot feature from VZW. Been working great for me.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Although the Rezound is not able to be tethered, it is Mobile Hotspot capable. You can connect up to 10 devices in 4G & connect up to 5 devices in 3G.I love using the mobile hotspot feature with my Rezound so I don't have to have a USB cord dragging along while I'm connected to the internet. Is there any reason you aren't as interested in this alternative solution?^THVerizon Support

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Although the Rezound is not able to be tethered, it is Mobile Hotspot capable. You can connect up to 10 devices in 4G & connect up to 5 devices in 3G.I love using the mobile hotspot feature with my Rezound so I don't have to have a USB cord dragging along while I'm connected to the internet. Is there any reason you aren't as interested in this alternative solution?^THVerizon Support

How about the extra money Verizon wants to charge for the extra data plan(on top of the data services we already pay for)? I would love to use the mobile hotspot when I need it, but as a non-regular tetherer I'm not going to fork over $30/mo for a service I'm seldom going to use. I use standard 4G data every day, hence why I pay for it. Were Verizon to offer a 500MB hotspot free zone where you could use up to 500MB tethering a month I think more people would use it and less would "abuse" it.