Battery replacement?

OP
S

ScoDroid

Reaction score
Verizon Droid 4 Battery with Flex Cable Lithium Polymer 1735 mAh

This is the only place I have found. I did order one, took a couple of weeks. I am the 2nd review there.

Thanks jsnweitzel. Agreed. I ordered one and they are on back order. Hopefully more will come in soon. This isn't an advertisement for them. It's just they way it is.

My mistake was taking the battery out of the phone. If I left it in, I could would have received a replacement phone. I think I have a defective phone. I allowed the battery to completely die. Then the phone never came back on after charging. I've read that I should have tried a few other things. Unfortunately I cut the flex cable on the battery so I can't try those "other things". Overall I'm not pleased with battery connection design but I understand it.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It was listed as back ordered when I ordered mine and it still took just a couple of weeks. I ordered on July 26th and got it on August 6th.

OP
S

ScoDroid

Reaction score
It was listed as back ordered when I ordered mine and it still took just a couple of weeks. I ordered on July 26th and got it on August 6th.

Not bad great but not bad. Too bad there's not an extended battery version for extra $20. It would have been worth the money.

Thanks for the heads up on the expected delivery time.

It's been interesting living without a cell phone. It makes me wonder if I really need a cell phone versus just using a 4G only phablet.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How bad do you want to run it? I soldered two wires to an old droid 1 battery screwed them to the terminals and ran it until i got the battery. I charged it up first before doing all that.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

ScoDroid

Reaction score
I thought about doing that. It would seem possible. I need to find someone good with a soldering iron to make it happen. Good suggestion.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well I suppose you now know not to remove the battery. You can force a power down by volume down and holding the power. The battery should come with a decent charge and you could just fastboot the ICS files, but if its too low to you risk bricking. You could also order a factory styled cable from ebay and fix it without a battery. I bought one that someone ripped out the battery and thus had to order the replacement.

Works with the D4 too: 2.5 ft MicroUSB Factory Cable Fastboot 4 Motorola Droid X Droid 2 Droid 2 Global | eBay

OP
S

ScoDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the MicroUSB Fastboot cable. I had no idea this existed!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well there's a few ways..send it to Motorola, get a warranty on the repairs..or have a cell phone repair shop do it..I can't remember the moto cost...but that's the way I'd go.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!